cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Expert
Message 31 of 55

Re: Not getting the 60/20 as promised

he meant that after the initial 10 days no improvements on his speed... which is what i expect will happen to me.. i'll find out tomorrow morning as it is officially 10 days from then.

line stats clearly show my line is capable of 61meg & the estimate was correct yet bt still decided to cap it to 50meg.

its pretty shocking how most people cant get the full upload, everyone on infinity should be able to get 20 meg up if they can get 20 meg down... obvious speed capping yet they call it DLM..also my ping has gone worse... i sure hope my connection gets better in the morning

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 32 of 55

BT haven't decided to "cap" it at all. DLM has done it for a reason, whether that's because it's picking up errors or noise on the line. Or there may have been a period of instability.

No person can cap or set your line to a speed, it's all done automatically by DLM and it's done for no other reason that to give maximum stability on your line.

Would you rather 61meg sync but dropping out numerous times a day or 50meg solid connection? I know what I'd rather have.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 33 of 55

http://gyazo.com/b4139e82ffb6307cfd8bf37730364b94

just getting worse everything f*cking day! 10 day stablization my hairy a$$

i've had enough these POS, they are just robbing me with false advertising, making me pay for an infinity 2 option but getting speeds for the 40meg service.

i'm going to ring up bt & make sure they fix it, i'm sure ASA would like to hear about this.

http://gyazo.com/ed30981dc4d06050a6e3d7fe444815de

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 34 of 55

Tell me this.

What can't you do with 45meg?

You pay for an internet connection and only see it's "slow" because of a ruddy speedtest.

It will not be affecting the performance or usability of the internet connection you pay for.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 35 of 55

Hi Guys,

First off, can we keep things calm please. I understand some people are frustrated with their problems, but please keep it friendly.

Secondly, we can take a look into this for you if you fill out our contact form below,

https://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951

Cheers,
Chris
BT Mod Team.
If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 36 of 55

Youve lost me, Papertrail i was estimated 60 something and 20 up. I can say this you will be getting that through your master socket even if a BT engineer comes again. The majority of people on here are complaining there not getting it exactly what there estimated which i agree is not on but i have to say this as your only smidging away from the rounded figure and not seeing a dramitically low drop then what do you expect.  Ive not seen or heard anyone get 60 or 20 exactly when doing speed tests its dosent happen.  There are many factors why you wouldnt be getting exact speeds. Stability, Reliability, and Performance.

Are you complaining its not quick enough for you then?

You were never promised 60/20 from BT there is a misunderstanding on your behalf you would of been estimated it. Means two different things.

If you are i would leave as is, if you do speed tests through the week you will see it range between 46-56d and 17u.

Live with it you will notice your speed to go up/down its normal.

Aspiring Contributor
Message 37 of 55

well ive had mine since the 8th june and kept loosing connection but since ive put openreach modem on wall its stable now but ive gone from

62/19 down to 30/11 with a ping of 35,i no its still a lot more than what i was on at sky but why such a big drop in a few days

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 38 of 55

they gave me the worst estimate possible, it's not even close to the estimate, that is false advertisement, 55meg is the lowest i would settle for but 45meg? i was on virgin media 60meg (which i got the full 60meg) for £18 a month, now i am paying for an up to 80meg £26 a month service & getting only the speeds for the up to 40meg service, oh but 5 meg more and am paying £8 more a month lol

you think i would be happy about that? they better fix this because i already posted my ACTUAL line stats and was capable of 61meg yet they are not giving me that, just making a bunch of excuses.

@homesy68 i would be furious if they gave me that much of a huge drop

right now im getting 45/10 wtf

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 39 of 55

UPDATE:

spoke to bt and they said that my line is capable of 60meg too, the problem could be due to the wiring because bt have said that i should not be getting 45meg, they will be here this week to move the master socket next to the modem. so hopefully it should solve the problem. i have to admit bt customer service is a lot more helpful than most companies out there.

i'll keep you updated. thanks for the support

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 40 of 55

Just to add to this regarding modem distances.

My modem is in the same room as the master socket. However, it's connected through a 20m flat style adsl/phone cable. Which is coiled, scrunched up, and running around other electrical equipment. I'm only using this as I needed this length in my previous place - but since moving, I only need 5m, but haven't bothered buying a new cable.

The point I'm making is, I tested the speeds using the long sh1tty cable, and then I tested by connecting directly to the master socket.

The result?

Both speeds were EXACTLY the same. So I personally wouldn't put much stock on the distance to your modem, unless you're running into much greater distances, or are of course, using a dodgy cable to begin with. Can you yourself not obtain another cable from somewhere and try the modem with that?

EDIT: I forgot to add. Up until the saturday just gone (I now have a problem on my line meaning my upload is 0.03mbps 😞 ) I have been getting a fairly consistent 70 up 15 down. I was predicted 61 up and 18 down.

0 Ratings