cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Expert
Message 41 of 55

Re: Not getting the 60/20 as promised

@Number86 i think it takes time to adjust sync speeds, plus now that you have 0.03 upload it could be due to that wire you use so it's worth getting a shorter & better wire.

in my experience from the up to 8meg adsl days, when i tested a really long 50m adsl cable in an effort to move my modem, my speeds dropped from 6.5meg to 1meg.

it really does depend on the wiring of equipment too, i believe the wire must have take some damage as it might be stapled badly plus the engineer did mention that the length can effect speeds...

any ways i hope shortening the wire & moving the master socket next to the modem should help... guess i will have to wait & see
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 42 of 55

Actually, I just fixed my problem. I think the ethernet cable wasn't connected correctly. unplugged and plugged back in on the PC end, and without even a restart of anything it's pretty much fixed.

50m cable is also a lot more substantial than 20m, and I'm assuming you're not using 20+ metres? Of course cable length effects the noise/inteference which can degrade the signal. But I'd be pretty shocked if it was cable length alone causing this issue. *

*Unless it's 50m and/or damaged.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 43 of 55

true, i think the wire right now is about 10m long, it's most likely damaged, just realized that the plastic coating on the cable is slipping off :S

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 44 of 55

well mine has gone down another 10meg today im getting 20/11 not worth me been on this at the minute,how long into contract do you have to cancel i.e do you have 7 days from install

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 45 of 55

There's no cancellation period.

Have you raised a fault? What was your initial estimation?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 46 of 55

you can only cancel up to the activation day after that cancellation is chargeable
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 47 of 55

hi sorry for late reply ok guess im stuck then,well it was 59/20 my estimate and for hte first 2 days i was on over 60/20 but its dropped of a lot now,do i phone bt to raise the fault and thanks for the help and advice

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 48 of 55

Yeah call the helpdesk
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 49 of 55

well i got a message back from David M
saying
I’ve run a few tests and the results indicate that there is a problems on the network side so I’ve raised a fault,
so will give it a few more days and see how it goes

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 50 of 55

My download estimate was 50. I only got 30. A BT broadband engineer came out and confirmed this. He then checked with some BT technical people who said that the line would only support 34 max. What I would like to know is why aren't the marketing people not getting their estimates from their own people who clearly have a better idea of what's actually achievable.
0 Ratings