cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Neilfurnival
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 17

Re: Not getting the speed i am paying for..

the connection does not drop, it's remained at a stable speed for 2 weeks or more hopeing it would correct its self right upto this point where I have reported it even after switching off (night time) on (morning) cycle.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 17

Are you switching the hub off at night and on in morning - or have I misunderstood your post

how is conenction time only 1he in stats?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Neilfurnival
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 17

Yes is switch my hub off at night and turn it on again each morning.. then off when the go to work, then on again when I get in from work, however on the night of this post I came in from work later than normal, hence the 1hr uptime.. Sorry for been so brief. my bt app on. my phone now shows my fault. Hopefully it will be addressed soon.. thanks for your help so far.
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 17

That is why you are not getting the full speed. The home hub is intended to be left turned on and connected to the equipment in the cabinet. Disconnections are seen as a fault, and the equipment reduces the connection speed in an attempt to stabilise the line.

It can take many weeks for the speed to recover, provided its left on 24x7.

imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 17

as Keith has said you need to leave hub connected 24/7 - that is what it is disigned for.  neither wonder your connection is not recovering and you have a high noise margin  there is no fault just the constant manual resets as you switch hub off and on causing the DLM to think there is a line fault

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Neilfurnival
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 17

no worries hopefully it won't melt as it tends to get hot.. lol seems strange tho that may be the problem.. we'll have to wait and see.. thanks again for your feedback..
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 17

this could now take a few weeks for connection to start to recover but first stage is a stable 24/7 connection with no manual resets

0 Ratings