cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
halo636
Beginner
Message 1 of 35

Not getting what I pay for

Ok, so ever since I came to BT my broadband speeds have plumeted.

I see many of you complaining for 2000kbps well try being capped at 350kbps.

Why is the exchange throttling my speed to such an extent, when I was with talktalk, one phone call, they put me on the highest priority profile, this made me get 10x the speed im getting now with no stability issues.
So if I'm paying for BT Unlimited, which im sure most of you know isn't exactly cheap, then I want better speeds.

Before anybody gives me the link to the speed wizard or the sticky above, ive gone through all of them and none of them worked up helped, some actually made it worst.

At 30KB/s I can't even watch a youtube video, can't go on any of my online games or download any applications.
It even takes me a good few minutes just to recieve my emails!

Im sorry but if I got better speeds for £5 a month on talktalk, if im paying 6x that now, then why is it 10x worst?

0 Ratings
34 REPLIES 34
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 35

Re: Not getting what I pay for

welcome to the forum

can you post the adsl stats from your router and run btspeedtester and post the results. Someone may then be able to offer assistance

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
halo636
Beginner
Message 3 of 35

Ok when ever I did copy and paste the post messed up, so here is a screenshot.

Also the speed tester is saying I have to wait an hour, you would think they would allow you to see past results, but nope.
So yeah I had to provide a speedtest.net one for now.

Managed to fix speedtest.net

0 Ratings
dodgy368
Contributor
Message 4 of 35

Halo, can you plug the router into the bt test socket which is behind the frontplate of the master socket, and repost your stats please.
0 Ratings
halo636
Beginner
Message 5 of 35

I would if I could reach it, sadly im on a desktop which does not have wireless.

We have been told to do this in the past when we tried the accelerator, it didn't make any difference.

0 Ratings
dodgy368
Contributor
Message 6 of 35

Ok, try a quiet line test, plug an analogue phone into the test socket, ring 17070 option 2, can you hear ANY type of noise?
Digital phones can't be used for this.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 35

your down attenuation shows you are on a long line from the exchange probably about 5km line length.  the kitz speedchecker shows you are getting a good connection for your line length and even an LLU would only be slightly higher than you are getting http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/max_speed_calc.php

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
halo636
Beginner
Message 8 of 35

No noise on the quiet line test.

Also, when I was on my old isp I was getting 250KB/s explain that?

An exchange doesn't jump an extra few KM all by it self.

Ive been getting told its the exchange for a long time, but they can never explain why I got better speeds, they obviously changed my ip profile, i've gone through so many stupid customer supports that I know exactly what they say to me half the time, you only get the one good one who says I will check your ip profile, which 99% of the time has fixed any issues I had.
0 Ratings
halo636
Beginner
Message 9 of 35

I managed to do a test.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
dodgy368
Contributor
Message 10 of 35

Halo, what was your sync speed on TT and the highest download speed?
0 Ratings