Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
halo636
Beginner
Message 11 of 35

Re: Not getting what I pay for

Please don't use abbreviations.

no idea what TT is.

Highest download speed is around 50KB/s (thats after midnight)
Any other time its usually between 500B/s or 37-39KB/s

0 Ratings
dodgy368
Contributor
Message 12 of 35

TT = talktalk.
Your sync speed and highest download speed on talktalk.
0 Ratings
halo636
Beginner
Message 13 of 35

Highest download speed on talktalk was around 300KB/s with an average of about 250KB/s

I dont know how to find out what my sync speed was.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 35

your download speed on the test results is different from the stats earlier - have you moved or restarted the router.  Your ip profile is only 350 instead of 1000/1250 depending on which down sync you use.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
halo636
Beginner
Message 15 of 35

If you read my first post nothing has changed.

My Router still said 1400 downstream, and ip profile was 350, if you read my first post thats what I was complaining about in the first place.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 35

@halo636 wrote:

Highest download speed on talktalk was around 300KB/s with an average of about 250KB/s

I dont know how to find out what my sync speed was.

a download speed of 250kb/s is about 2000kbps

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 35

@halo636 wrote:

If you read my first post nothing has changed.

My Router still said 1400 downstream, and ip profile was 350, if you read my first post thats what I was complaining about in the first place.

normally the downstream is the same but one says 1408 and the other 1440

0 Ratings
Highlighted
dodgy368
Contributor
Message 18 of 35

Halo, you're mixing up bits and bytes(1 byte = 8 bits).
On talktalk you used to sync at 3Mbit(ish) on asdl2+.
On bt you're syncing between 2 and 3Mbit normally on adsl2+.
That first set of stats looks as though your line became unstable so the bt dlm put you back to adsl1 to stabilize it, which dropped your speed.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 35

from what I have l read in similar posts and talking to Bt tech support there is a physical change moving from adslmax to 21CN - adsl2/adsl2+.  Hence why, when you are upgraded to adsl2, your line is disconnected for 10/15 minutes while the physical change takes place at the exchange.  There is no automatic change between adslmax and adsl2/2+.  There is however an automatic change between adsl2 and adsl2+ which is done by the equipment at the exchange with the intension of giving the client the best connection. As halo636 has an modulation of 992.1 the connection is still on adslmax.  IanC or RogerB may give you a more technical explanation if required.

0 Ratings
Ian1957
Aspiring Expert
Message 20 of 35

Hi Halo, ur rites stars and ur Modulation type shows that u are on BTs old adsl line. To recieve faster speeds, u want to ask bf to upgrade ur phone line to the 21CN WBC adsl2 service (this is free). U will want to send an e-mail to the mods with your landline phone number, ur account number and a link to this thread. They should be able to look into it for you.
Nathan
0 Ratings