Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 31 of 35

Re: Not getting what I pay for

you would be better emailing the mods forum.moderation.team@bt.com and giving them your account number, phone number and a link to this thread.  They will make contact but are busy.  I still thik your profile will increase witha stable 24/7 connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
dodgy368
Contributor
Message 32 of 35

Well that's my theory blown out of the water, the "10x" threw me. ;(

0 Ratings
ViPz
Beginner
Message 33 of 35

I have complained to BT for YEARS about my BB speed, which since switching from dial up to BB nearly 5 years ago, has never risen above 1.5mb.

When im paying £24.99 and i can only get this type of stupid speed, it makes BT very, VERY poor value for money considering SKY do the same for £5 a month!!!.

I threatened to switch to SKY BB, even thought i have been with BT for over 30 years, but they couldnt give a toss....and gladly passed me through to customer disconnections team.

In the end, they upgraded me to Infinity which costs me the same, but they have promised i will get 19mb download and 7mb upload...

When i told them that if it wasnt up to my expectations, i would like to know, how long i had to cancell my contract and order (after installation) - they told me that it was not possible, and that if i wanted to get out, there was no 14 days period, i would have to pay the remainder of the 2 year contracts service charge!!!

Surely thats against the law?  If somethings not fit for purpose or isnt worth the price you are being charged, then surely you must be able to cancel the contract - as long as it is done within a set period of time!!!

Any ideas where we stand with this???

0 Ratings
IanC
Recognised Expert
Message 34 of 35

@ViPz wrote:

In the end, they upgraded me to Infinity which costs me the same, but they have promised i will get 19mb download and 7mb upload...

When i told them that if it wasnt up to my expectations,

etc

That depends on your expectations... 🙂

As I understand it, they won't provide Infinity unless you can get at least 15Mbps downstream

0 Ratings
iPodSlaaf
Aspiring Contributor
Message 35 of 35

Before you put someone over the coals for not using what you refer to as "proper English) may I suggest you yourself learn the language.

The correct term is "correct English".

Just an observation.

Peace

0 Ratings