cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
halo636
Beginner
Message 21 of 35

Re: Not getting what I pay for

My BT exchange doesnt get upgraded for another year.

My BT Exchange is far away and not even on ADSL2 AND im on a low priority profile.

If I was them Id get them to *bleep* the broadband off and install cable for me, or id build a adsl2 bt exchange near me, cause well my area is surrounded by unowned fields basically, seen people building there, not people with houses near by, I mean construction workers with the big machines out etc.

The council knew nothing of it.

So why dont they make one there?
Dont say "it costs to much" cause honestly they rip us all off, so they have all that cash there anyway.

Ill get on the phones and have an angry conversation with them or something.

Also Ian or Nathan or what ever, speak proper english, don't use U over you, or UR over your, and what do you mean rites stars :S

The closest I can come up to with that is your rights state.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 22 of 35

At a loop loss of 67db attenuation this connection has never seen an adsl2 connection , and never will.

It's modulating adslMax with average SNRm aiming for 6db.

A line that length will undoubtedly have poor bitloading and never be totally stable.

The line would have achieved possibly another 150kbps on a good day under an LLu connection (TT).

(but is losing that much anyhow because of the extra noise margin (+1.5db)

The only thing that appears to be wrong with it .... so far as I can see is it is suffering from impatience.

In other words, it needs to be connected to a master or test socket, and left alone to stabilise.

Incidently ... if as the OP is saying ,,, that he can;t reach the master socket with the hub/router, that suggests to me that the hub/router is too close to the computer/crt monitor and other power supplies, which in turn will further de-stabilise the connection and serve to make the bitloading worse than it should be.

If the OP achieved a connection throughput 10x the amount the OP is achieving now with a depleted IP profile of 350kbps ..... with TalkTalk .... then they have an adsl system that's unique to the present day laws of physics, regarding digital communications., using discrete multitone technology.... period.

Left alone .... it should come up ... on its own, in about 3-5 days.

0 Ratings
Ian1957
Aspiring Expert
Message 23 of 35

Rogers last paragraph took the words right out of my mouth. By the way, I meant Router Stats but sometimes I make typing mistakes because I am on my iPod touch.
0 Ratings
halo636
Beginner
Message 24 of 35

If you also read my other post, it is in the same location as my old router was yet that was fine.

Also never getting adsl2?
My exchange is due to upgrade to adsl2 on 31/03/2011, a BT employee confirmed this.

I dont understand how you can say leave it alone for 3-5 days as this has been the same for the past month, now im just sick of it.

Why don't you ever read the posts before posting? >.<

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 25 of 35

Daniel....

Everything I've printed is factual, astute and accurate.

Whether you take the advice or not, frankly I couldn't care less.

However, what I do care about is that decent people, not BT employees I might add, ordinary people give up their own time to help others on this forum as the posters on this string have done, me included.

Can I suggest, that if you require any further help, either gladly accept the help with an element of respect and courtesy or look elsewhere for your kicks, because put another way ...

I find your attitude nauseating.

Good luck with the broadband.

I'm gone.  😉

0 Ratings
halo636
Beginner
Message 26 of 35

Ok then.

Checked a few local speed checkers http://www.broadbandspeedchecker.co.uk/broadband_speed_in_my_area_v2.aspx?postcode=L120PY

As you can see many people get around 3Mb or higher, how come I get 0.256Mb (according to BT landline checker)

Im sorry if my attitude is "nauseating" to you, but when you have a major amount of stress, your getting ripped off, and people on the same exchange but about 10 meters in another direction get 10 times my speed, yes using broadband.

Before anybody replies read my other posts, my router isn't interfering because I have had the router in the same spot for the past 3 or 4 years and nothing new has been installed in my house during that time.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 35

I have used the link you provided and apart from Virgin and 1 questionable Talk Talk there is no 3mb connection.  All the connection are about the same or lower than yours.  Am I missing something?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
halo636
Beginner
Message 28 of 35

The 3Mb was kind of an approximation as I went around 100 yards left of my area and some where getting faster.

But nobody there is getting lower than 0.3Mb
Only one person has 0.36Mb and that isn't in the same street as me.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 29 of 35

according to your router stats you have a 1.4mb connection which is at the high end of the connection shown in your link.  Your problem is your profile is only 350 instead of 1000/1250 and with patience and a stable connection your profile should increase with the corresponding increase in throughput/download. If this doesn't happen within 3/5 days and connection stable then you need to contact the mods for assistance.

I'm sorry but I agree with RogerB and your connection throughput will get better with patience

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
halo636
Beginner
Message 30 of 35

But I have been waiting for a weeks.

But as I mentioned in the very first post, it was my profile throttling my speed, as you just mentioned, so I was right in the first place >.<

Well thank you all for the help, I will call BT up tomorrow and tell them to fix my profile.

Thanks again.

0 Ratings