cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 33

Not happy direct cancelled by BT

Go to solution

As a new customer I am extremely annoyed by the way BT have just informed me that my direct debit has been cancelled and that in future I will have to pay each bill as it received. I am seriously considering cancelled my contract, as I am still within the first 14 days. This is the sort of behaviour which alienates customers.

An explanation would be appreciated.

0 Ratings
32 REPLIES 32
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 33

Re: Not happy direct cancelled by BT

Go to solution

Problem solved,,,,, tried live assistance and found that the email had been sent in error. Bit worried there for a while.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 33

Go to solution

It would not have mattered because you can always go back into MyBT and amend it.

You can get that message if your bank initially rejects the first payment request, then after BT re-submit it, it gets accepted.

The e-mail is automatically generated after that first attempt.

Its often an error by the bank, where the format of the request does not match their template. It can be a simple thing like a leading zero missing on the account number, or the name on the account not exactly matching the name on the direct debit.

This is normally detected by the bank, and a manual adjustment is made. This can happen on any new direct debit, as I have had a similar issue with another new DD request.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 33

Go to solution

Not solved. having checked the reference number of the email received this morning and the email concerning my order, I find that they are the same. The live assistance person may have been mistaken.

The email is headed

You need to arrange a new way to pay your BT bills

I have tried calling 0800 44 33 11 and 08003457310 and they are both automated facilities, I cannot speak to a person.

Is there a Moderater who can help with this Please? 

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 33

Go to solution

It is a monthly payment plan Keith,  so it looks as if Bt want payment in advance. My service was activitated on 3rd of Sept.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 33

Go to solution

Se my last comment about it most likely being a bank error. But I will ask a moderator to take a look, or refer you to the order team.

I have marked it as unsolved for the moment, but I would not be worried, things soon sort themselves out.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 33

Go to solution

Thanks Keith, don't think it's a bank error as it's showing in my Bank account.

Checked my BT account just now and it's still showing as MPP direct debit there as well.

Talk about confused.com.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 33

Go to solution

Hi 5progface,

I'll be able to take a look at this for you. Please send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 33

Go to solution

@PaddyB wrote:

Hi 5progface,

I'll be able to take a look at this for you. Please send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

Thanks PaddyB

details sent, and thanks again for the swift response.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 33

Go to solution

Apologies for the delay in sending details, have been out in the garden trimming hedges, now back to hedge trimming!

0 Ratings