cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lj2010
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 13

Not off to the best of starts with BT

Well i am not off to the best of starts with BT. Having been with Sky for years i decided to take the plunge and join BT as it was cheaper than what i was being quoted from SKY.

I placed my order on the 11th Nov 2016 and set everything up to take over my line from when my contract ran out on the 12th Dec 2016. Everything was great cheaper and was promised £125 Reward Card aswell as a £60 Amazon voucher if i took the a mobile sim online deal also. Everything was great. Then came the 18th Nov when i started to lose faith. I recieved an email fro BT saying we have had to change your order. I had a look at it and the order had changed to include a BT TV Engineer which was not required. The order had also changed the date from the 12th Dec to the 2nd Dec which again i found confusing.

I recieved my router and was disconnected from Skys network for phone and broadband and hooked everything up and i got BT Broadband but no phone !!!

I have spoke to various people at online live help and they where hopeless. I have been told that all my services TV,Phone and Broadband are now active but the landline isnt working (No Dial Tone) and i still have not recieved my Youview Box. Although this has been ordered again. I am aware that this has now been ordered and an engineer will be looking into the dialing tone issue.

When i have went to claim my reward for my mobile nearly 4 weeks ago i was told that i would be informed within 2 weeks if i am eligible for it which i still have not had. I tried to send away for my reward card for the boradband as that is now up and running but it said i wasnt eligiable. After speaking to customer service again i have been told that i would have to put my order number in that BT Cancelled even though i cant put an order number in to apply for it. Also how would i be eligable for an offer on an order that BT Cancelled. 

Why was it even cancelled in the first place ???

I really am at my wits end about all this i have been tempted to pull the plug but i know i wouldnt be able to get anything else inplace before christmas. I just feel really let down with my order cancelled and i know it sounds stupid but the rewards promised never actually materialising and i dont see how they could either.

Rant Over.

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
NeilO
Message 2 of 13

Re: Not off to the best of starts with BT

@lj2010 Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting, I'm really sorry about the problems you've experienced with your order for BT service. The amendments to your order have likely caused the issue with the claims page but if you contact the Voucher Team on this link they will be able to help you get your claim processed.  

Post back and let us know how the engineer gets on with the no dial tone issue. 

0 Ratings
lj2010
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 13

@NeilO

0 Ratings
lj2010
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 13

@NeilO

Well thats our Landline working now well what i mean is that i can make outgoing calls but not recieve incoming calls. THe engineer said to call BT up after to see what the issue might be after he has sent his report in so ill call Monday. Still no word on when my Mobile Phone voucher will be dispatched. By the sounds of it i need to wait till the 12th Dec before i can claim my BT Reward Card as that is meant to be when my TV becomes active although it is already active. Dont ask my how or why its saying 12th when its already on i yes i know it is already active as i am able to watch BT Sports and the Extra TV Channels i ordered.

0 Ratings
lj2010
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 13

@NeilO

Anyone please help me and tell me who i can contact to chase up my mobile voucher. ???

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 13

I have asked a forum moderator to help you they will post their contact link here
0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 7 of 13

Hi @lj2010 and thanks for posting.

If you haven't already claimed the vouhcer you can do so at Claim my voucher. If you've already claimed it but haven't received a confirmation email you can chase it up at Chase my voucher.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
lj2010
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 13

@DavidM

Hi many thanks i have sent away that form to chase it up. How can i complete my order for the Amazon voucher for the broadband when it still says that i am elligable but my order is still processing so cant order them when its been completed for a while i have had all services up and running since 2nd with a few tech probs in there but the services have been transfered since that day. Surly it doesnt take over 11 days for the system to update to show this.

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 9 of 13

Hi @lj2010

Thanks for posting back!

We can help get that order closed off for you so that you can go ahead with your claim.  Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
lj2010
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 13

Well Well Well just recieved my first Bill from BT and what a shock it was after all the hassle i have had changing over from sky. Not to mnetion that i am still awating on the vouchers that where promised by BT.According to my account online Broadband and Phone activated on the 2nd and TV activated on the 12th.

So line rental i am being charged from the 2nd to the 12 dec. When i had a line installed but it wasnt working and BT are aware of this since they got 2 engineers out to sort it. TV charges from the 2nd dec to 12th Dec which again i couldnt use because it said activated but it wasnt a constant steam with the channels so i unplugged it and continued to use my sky until the 12th. I have also been charged 59.99 for installation of infinity even though i spoke to customer service as i couldnt understand why i needed to pay a superfast broadband connection fee when i was already with superfast broadband from sky. Aswell as the muck up that was made with the landline and intermittend loss of broadband service. If i am going to be expected to a) pay for service i didnt use because you couldnt provide what i took my contact out for and b) if you are insisting on me paying for installation of the activation of Infinity could i raise a claim against it since i had 2 BT Enginners out to look at the line over 2 FULL DAYS which caused loss of service. If i am paying for an engineer to get the line up and running for braodband i would have expected a better job being a consumer.

0 Ratings