Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joshhazzord
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 13

Not providing copper/fiber

Go to solution
We moved to a new build in December and there was no cables in place but we got into a contract with bt for our phone line and at the time standard internet which confused me as the cabinet was fiber enabled as theu said that it would be set up soon however they kept putting it off and blaming the housing/building company. In February they had put the fiber cables in place and in late feb i looked online and it turns out they are taking orders in our area and not only that we can get up to 300 mbps we also had an appointment for sometime in early March but that was cancelled as extra work needed to be done and they keep giving us dates for when they are going to contact us and then saying there is more work than expected and today i found out that its not going to be untill 12th of May for the next update meaning we would have gone almost 6 months without a phone line or internet. We have no reason for it taking so long just that there is more work than they expected. I would like to get through to them and complain but also speak to a tech team and find out the reason as its driving me insane.
0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
DavidM
Message 2 of 13

Re: Not providing copper/fiber

Go to solution

Hi @joshhazzord and welcome.

It sounds like you've order fibre to the home. If that's the case you can contact the sales team on 0800 587 4787. They'll be able to give you an update on the order.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
joshhazzord
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution
Yes but thats not the problem... its the fact bt are not telling us when we are going to get fiber and y its taking so long they have not provided copper or fiber for 6 months its a joke!
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution
BT cannot tell you as the infrastructure is dealt with by Openreach new builds are well known for long delays normally caused by blocked cable ducts preventing final connection of the network
0 Ratings
joshhazzord
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 13

Does BT use ombudsman-services and what does this mean?

Go to solution
I have just got a letter from them about not providing our new build house with copper or fiber and was wondering if this is a scam or if they really use this company to deal with complaints?
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 13

Re: Does BT use ombudsman-services and what does this mean?

Go to solution

I have moved your post onto your previous thread so that readers can see the history to your question.

If you complained to the Ombudsman they will have asked BT for a response to the complaint and if BT responded that will be BT's answer to the Ombudsman.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 13

Re: Does BT use ombudsman-services and what does this mean?

Go to solution
who is the letter from ?
0 Ratings
joshhazzord
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution
The letter looks like its from bt saying sorry for the delay and We hope you'll give us a little longer. We're a member of Ombudsman services and there contact information. They offer free help with disputes.

This letter just makes me more worried about the time its going to take to get internet the fact they are using a diffrent company to deal with it now?

After wait for almost 6 months "We hope you'll give us a little longer" does not sounds promising to be honest.
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

The Ombudsman is not a company, its a complaints service.

0 Ratings
joshhazzord
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution
Thanks already knew that so didnt help so erm... thanks for the help lol
0 Ratings