cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cirbb
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Not receiving emails from specific address

I'm having problems receiving emails from a friend of mine. They can receive my emails from my btinternet.com account ok but all replies to me are never arriving. They can send ok to another of my email addresses. They do not even receive any kind of error notification. How do I resolve this please?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Not receiving emails from specific address

one possibility is they are not sending it to the correct address ask them to check the address they have from you
0 Ratings
cirbb
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Thanks. I asked them to send the last reply to both my email addresses. I can see from the email that they are using the correct address so it can't be that. Their ISP is fasthosts. Maybe they've been blacklisted? How can I tell?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 6

@cirbb wrote:

Thanks. I asked them to send the last reply to both my email addresses. I can see from the email that they are using the correct address so it can't be that. Their ISP is fasthosts. Maybe they've been blacklisted? How can I tell?

Hi.

Do you have a gmail or hotmail account they can send to ?

Have you checked the spam folder, in case they have ended up there ?

If I may be as bold to say, Fasthosts are not exactly clean in removing spammers. I have reported many to them over the years, and they ignore everything. They don't even reply. I'm afraid it's been noticed :-

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/news/internet/3298563/fasthosts-sees-88-increase-in-complaints-about-spam...

The report doesn't say that spamming in the UK is against the law.

Note that I am not saying this is the reason for any emails not being received, but there is a possibility.

0 Ratings
rincewindwiz
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Disappoinitng. There are a number of threads relating to BT users not receiving emails from certain email addresses but no answers. Does anyone have any suggestions?

In mny case, I know the email leaves my ISP because they have sent me the logs. I have queried this with BT who pass me to yahoo mail and then there is no response.

I expect the poor dears are finding it too difficult

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 6

@rincewindwiz wrote:

Disappoinitng. There are a number of threads relating to BT users not receiving emails from certain email addresses but no answers. Does anyone have any suggestions?

In mny case, I know the email leaves my ISP because they have sent me the logs. I have queried this with BT who pass me to yahoo mail and then there is no response.

I expect the poor dears are finding it too difficult

Hi. Welcome to the forums.

Email is not a guaranteed medium, and frankly never has been. Do the logs your ISP sent actually show it connecting to the yahoo servers ?

0 Ratings