Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 79

Not receiving emails today

Go to solution

Hello.  I hadn't received any emails into my BT email account today, which is unusual, so I sent one to myself from an old AOL account.  After a few minutes I received the following message in my AOL account.  I have accessed my BT mailbox from both Thunderbird and BT Webmail, and there are no new messages via either method.  I can send messages from it, by the way.  Can anyone help?  Thanks in advance.

<my.name@btinternet.com>: host mx.bt.lon5.cpcloud.co.uk[65.20.0.49]
    refused to talk to me: 421 rgin03.bt.ext.cpcloud.co.uk Service not
    available - too busy
0 Ratings
78 REPLIES 78
Highlighted
Message 2 of 79

Re: Not receiving emails today

Go to solution

Also having problems today, lots of difficulty getting logged in to the Yahoo servers, both Outlook and webmail timing out or login errors

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 79

Go to solution

Update; emails are coming through now, must have been a 'blockage' somewhere in the system.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 4 of 79

Go to solution

Still dead for me.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 5 of 79

Go to solution

Worked for me for a few minutes and now down again for the last 20-30 mins

Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 79

Go to solution

I've also not been receiving some of my e-mails today, although they've started coming in just now.

At least one of the e-mails I have just received shows a chain of other e-mails I've missed - there have been lots of people doing a "Reply to All" to an e-mail from last night I did get and I was listed as a recipient on each of them, but I've only seen the most recent one. While this does mean I can track back through this conversation to see all the previous replies, it does make me wonder what other e-mails have gone missing that I didn't get.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 79

Go to solution

It's clear that BT are incapable of providing a reliable, consistent and dependable e-mail service. I even get my BT account mails arriving in my gmail account hours before they arrive through yahoo/BT mail link (not migrated yet), or thunderbird, or live mail. 

The only reason I stay with BT is that I have so many accounts and subscriptions using my BT e-mail details. Increasingly, there is no point in remaining with BT.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 79

Go to solution

I'm also having a problem collecting emails today. It keeps asking for my password. Error messages vary from 'internal server error' to ERR [SYS/TEMP] internal server error (#IS6532)'. It seems to work intermittently.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 79

Go to solution
I use outlook to download my emails and have for years, but its been driving me mad this afternoon, passwords not recognized, login errors and its still going on. I triple checked my login details are all correct, I know its not Outlook as the same problem appeared on my phone, suddenly password problems, then it worked on phone and in Outlook, and now it doesn't.

Terrible service from BT, most annoyed!!!!!!!
The questions only easy if you already know the answer
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 10 of 79

Go to solution

Not solved for me!  Gmail hasn't been able to retrieve any mail from my BT Email account since 12:55!!

Authentication error.
Server returned error "[SYS/TEMP] internal server error (#IS6532)"

C'mon BT, at least admit there is a problem...please Smiley FrustratedSmiley MadMan Mad

0 Ratings