cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RayP
Aspiring Expert
Message 21 of 46

Re: Not receiving emails

BT Customer Care is about as much use as **** on a bull! No response from them either here or on Facebook. Smiley Mad

Do they serve a purpose other than chastising you when you break a forum rule?

Chrissie, You posted at 16:58. I've just received notification email of your post. Laughable really.

0 Ratings
Chrissie93
Aspiring Contributor
Message 22 of 46

30 mins after BT telling me that my issue had been resolved, a friend sent me two emails - I have received one but not the other.  No bounce back - nothing, just disappeared into the ethers. The Ombudsman next I think.

0 Ratings
belle55
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 46

I am glad to read that I am not the only person at the end of my tether with BT - I reported a fault on 31 July after receiving messages from friends who had tried to email me and received bounce back/msg delivery failure messages - these were from a variety of different servers, Gmail, hotmail, zen, ntlworld.  I was receiving some emails but a considerably reduced number.

Phoning the BT help line, or even online chat has been a dismal experience.  They tell lies - they don't return calls when they have 'booked them' and on the few occasions someone has called me, they have no idea what my problem is and certainly have been unable to resolve them.  I found one person who asked me to send copies of the bounceback messages to him and he was the only one who seemed to have any clue as to the problem.  He can be contacted at biswadeep.roy@bt.com.

I registered a formal complaint on 11 August and have heard nothing since.  Almost 3 weeks later!  yet, when I look online at My BT the fault says resolved and closed....and I cannot get hold of anyone to explain that it hasnt been resolved and I still want to complain.

The last straw was last week when I received a telephone call from someone in tier 2 email team who told me that my account had been blocked because someone had complained that spam was being sent from my email address (not me!).  she told me that it had now been unblocked but could not explain how it came to be blocked in the first place (and to only certain people, not everyone, as I was still receiving some emails), nor what BT policy was on such complaints, or even why noone had informed me - or the help desk who have been supposedly trying to sort out the problem for 3-4 weeks.  she then put the phone down on me!  

Over the weekend I have received just one email - I try to email myself from other accounts (gmail, hotmail) - some get through, some don't, one was delayed for 24 hours....  I have registered another complaint by email, because I cannot face yet another HOUR on the phone trying to get someone to pick up the phone at BT, and then finding that they can only read from a frontline script - 'have you changed your password? have you checked your blocked email list? can you email yourself a test message? Yes?  well, there is no problem with the BT server then' - when I ask why several people are trying to email me and getting bounceback messages I am told, perhaps they have blocked your email address?!

grrrrrr!!!!!   If anyone finds anyway to get BT to respond on this issue, please report it here.  3 more weeks and I'm off to the Ombudsman. 

In 30 years this is the absolute worst evperience I've ever had of BT.

0 Ratings
belle55
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 46

• Tried to post the above message and was told:

• Post flooding detected (community received posts of a unique message more than 1 times within 3,600 seconds)
0 Ratings
Chrissie93
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 46

Hi Belle

This sounds very similar to the problem I have been having for almost a month now except I don't get bounce back messages - emails from me and to me just disappear into the ethers. 

I am also at the end of my tether and am getting nowhere with BT.  I am waiting for yet another call back from the complaints team, but nothing gets done.

Please let me know how you get on.

0 Ratings
annegray01
Aspiring Expert
Message 26 of 46

No luck here either. I got elevated to level 2 only to have the same awful woman phone me who didn't have a clue at level1.

She doesn't know of any BT problem about missing emails lol.

I gave up and blocked her number then they txt me with the same useless answers.

0 Ratings
Mike2721
Aspiring Contributor
Message 27 of 46

For one of the world's leading telcom providers, this a scandal and a disgrace.

I have had Premium email for many years, with .btinternet addresses. Apart from frequent outages, the main problem is that emails from certain email addresses, particularly domain names eding in .co.za, are failing to be delivered. Some are returned to sender with messages clearly indicating that the fault is on the BT server side, some simply disappear.

Delay reason: SMTP error from remote mail server after MAIL FROM:<(someone) @ mweb . co. za > SIZE=237267:

host mx.bt.lon5.cpcloud.co.uk [65.20.0.49]: 421 Too many messages (1.5.5.1) from 196.35.198.41

<(someone) @ btinternet. com >: host mx.bt.lon5.cpcloud.co.uk[65.20.0.49]
refused to talk to me: 421 rgin05.bt.int.cpcloud.co.uk Service not
available - too busy

I have wasted hours of my time on the phone to robotic script reading operators who start by asking if they can check my settings as I am unable to send or receive any emails. I have explained until blue in the face that this is not the problem, I am getting emails, including the hundreds of spam emails that they seem unable to filter out, and able to send emails, but some legitimate emails are being blocked.

Calling results in more frustration, going round and round in circles. I've just given up after a wait of just under an hour.

The people in the call centre in India are polite and charming but not empowered to deal with, or understand, these problems. I have been allocated several different reference numbers for my complaints but each time I refer to those numbers, I'm told they can't access it, and I have to start the entire process again.

Clearly I am not the only person to be having these problems and frustrations. I am fed up with being treated as if I were a **bleep** - almost down to the level of 'can we check that your computer is switched on?'

0 Ratings
Mike2721
Aspiring Contributor
Message 28 of 46

More rejected mails from South Africa :

From: MAILER-DAEMON@mta08-dc01.cm.synaq.com (Mail Delivery System)
Subject: Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender
Date: 8 September 2016 at 07:17:45 GMT+2
To: (someone) @mweb.co.za

This is the mail system at host mta08-dc01.cm.synaq.com.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
be delivered to one or more recipients...............

The mail system

<"Undisclosed-Recipient:;"@mta08-dc01.cm.synaq.com>: mail for
   mta08-dc01.cm.synaq.com loops back to myself
Reporting-MTA: dns; mta08-dc01.cm.synaq.com
X-Postfix-Queue-ID: C487514DEC0
X-Postfix-Sender: rfc822; (someone) @mweb.co.za
Arrival-Date: Thu,  8 Sep 2016 07:17:45 +0200 (SAST)

Final-Recipient: rfc822; "Undisclosed-Recipient:;"@mta08-dc01.cm.synaq.com
Original-Recipient: rfc822;"Undisclosed-Recipient:;"@mta08-dc01.cm.synaq.com
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; mail for mta08-dc01.cm.synaq.com loops back to
   myself

Subject: Re: Email problems with my .btinternet.com email address
Date: 8 September 2016 at 07:17:17 GMT+2
To: Mike Preston <(me) @btinternet.com>
Cc: "Undisclosed-Recipient:;"@mta08-dc01.cm.synaq.com,

I have in the past sent you mails and it has come back to me as undelivered, so have stopped sending until I got your correct / workable address.
__________________________________________________________________________________

Emails sent to me from following domains have been rejected by BT servers :

jetstravel.co.za
iafrica.com

vineguesthouse.co.za

Hi

Good to hear where the problem is. I had sent other emails to BT internet addresses in England that were also not delivered during the last few months.

Hope you’re well.

0 Ratings
Noggin
Aspiring Contributor
Message 29 of 46

I would also like to add my name to the 'missing emails' thread.

I have found many emails have gone missing over the last few weeks and it is getting embarrassing when my clients call to ask where their work is or why I haven't acknowledged their email to me. I have lost work through this.

I have even sent emails to colleagues sitting next to me and they have either failed to arrive, with no 'return to sender' message, or eventually turn up 5-6 hours later.

This is a joke that stopped being funny a long time ago. Please look into this BT..I would love to know which part of the ether my missing emails are disappearing into.

0 Ratings
Mike2721
Aspiring Contributor
Message 30 of 46

From another user @mweb.co.za

For the past 2/3 months all my emails to your btinternet address have been returned with a message ’24, 48 hour delay in delivery of this message etc.’ Clearly the messages are not being delivered for whatever reason.

and from another .co.za address :

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject:  RE: Email problems with my .btinternet.com email address
      Sent:     08/09/2016 09:22

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

'Undisclosed-Recipient:;' on 08/09/2016 09:22
            Server error: '501 <Undisclosed-Recipient:;>: "@" or "."
expected after "Undisclosed-Recipient"'

0 Ratings