Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bayclove
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Not receiving minimum guaranteed speed.

Hi, looking for advice..

I applied for Bt infinity option 2 in December '15. The minimum guaranteed speed was shown on the screen at the time of registration. It was 46mb. I've had broadband for almost a month now and I average between 25mb - 36mb. I'm gutted because I pay for upto 76mb and this is less than half the speed. We are heavy users with multiple devices and get constant dropouts.

I'd like to get out of the contract and apply elsewhere. I'd prefer if BT could get my speeds to around 60mb but I doubt it. When I signed up I thought we'd get above the minimum, I thought they'd use the absolute lowest figure. What should I do? I've attached speed results. Any help appreciated. speed1.pngspeed2.png

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Not receiving minimum guaranteed speed.

if you have a HH5 can you go to hub manager then trobleshooting then helpdesk and post 1-12

are you conencted to test socket with a new filter?  was this self install

try quiet line test   dial 17070 option 2  should be quiet and best with corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

Changing providers will change nothing are they all use the same Openreach fibre network
0 Ratings
bayclove
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

I'd go with VM 200mb. I'm not going to get 36mb on that. I actually prefer BT as a company but it's too slow for the money I'm paying.
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

you will need to let BT improve your connection by getting engineer visit and only after that if they cannot get you to the minimum guaranteed connection speed will you be able to leave without paying cancellation charges

you can get help here by posting stats

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings