Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Not receiving usage warning e-mails in accordance with T&Cs

Hi,

I thought it had happened last month, but this month it definately has.

Usage e-mails.jpg

This screenshot, taken 2 minutes ago shows a message that I have been sent e-mails on 13/08/2014 regarding my BB usage. It is now 16/08/2014, and these e-mails have not appeared in either of the inboxes that were used, and they are not in the SPAM folders either.

I thought this had happened last month as well, but wasn't sure. The T&Cs say the BT will inform us if our usage is going over, and also (I believe) if they are going to raise charges. Unfortunately, these e-mails are not getting through to me the customer, therefore as far as I'm concerned, BT have not complied with their T&Cs.

Please could one of the moderators pick this up for me when you have time. Strangely, last time I brought this up on 21st July on another thread (Broadband  Usage Massive Surge) as part of a discussion, the missing e-mail magically arrived within 30 mins, over 2 days since it was sent.

Before anyone suggests upgrading to Unlimited for me, our usage was averaging 9.5gb until the surges others experienced in the last couple of months.

Iain

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Message 2 of 5

Re: Not receiving usage warning e-mails in accordance with T&Cs

Hi Iain_L,

Thanks for posting. Sorry you haven't received the usage alert. I'll take a look at this for you. Drop me an email with your details. You'll get the 'contact us' form in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Thanks David, details sent.

Iain
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Just in case any of the moderators are reading this thread still, apparently a 6gb warning e-mail was sent out yesterday, but has still not arrived in either of my fully functioning inboxes or spam folders.

T&Cs are there to protect both customers and organisations. I would be complaining direct to BT, but unless I have gone through this forum I have not received anything other than an acknowledgement from BT and a message that they are so busy it may take a bit longer to deal with things.

Genuine thanks to the mods, as only through them picking something up does anything seem to move forward.

Iain

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 5

I have a suspicion, that if your BT ID is a username only and not an e-mail address, some parts of BT attempt to send an email to your username that of course fails.

As anyone any evidence to support this ?

0 Ratings