cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
savagexi
Beginner
Message 11 of 21

Re: Novice with an IP Camera using Home Hub 3

Hi, could you please post instructions how to do this? Thanks.
0 Ratings
machasm
Contributor
Message 12 of 21

pretty straightforward really.

you need to know which port to use with your IP camera (Lets take the example of port 80).

You then log in to your Home Hub and click on the port forwarding under the "settings" Tab.

Select "web server (HTTP)" from the game or applicatio list then assign it to the IP address of your camera.

Click the "Apply button" and that should be it!

If you are using a port number different from that then you need to go in to the advanced settings and then port forwarding and create a custom port forward rule (lets take the example 8080).

Once you have done that then you should be able to assign this custom rule to the address of your IP camera.

0 Ratings
orangecurry
Beginner
Message 13 of 21

...not straightforward if you have a v3 type A, 'cos it doesn't work. Even with the latest firmware.

0 Ratings
Anothersteve
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 21

Too true! The latest version of the firmware for BT Homehub 3 doesn't work for me with port forwarding either .....that's the 'A' version of the homehub.

0 Ratings
yeebles
Beginner
Message 15 of 21

So I've been browsing for an answer since I came to my Grandma's house to set up an IP camera (EasyN branded). The Home Hub 3 has software 4.7.5.1.83.8.94.1.11 (Type A)

I know what a pain it is to find problems without solutions so hopefully this helps you. I've put some details which are only relevant to easy N wireless cams (and similair models) but these steps apply to all devices

To get it to work:

PRE STEP: ensure your device has been connected to your HomeHub. 

1. Settings

2. Advanced Settings

3. Home Network

4. In your wireless conncections select your device (you may need to know your device's MAC address). For a EasyN cam it is called udhcp

5. In the addressing section take not of its IP address and put "Always Use This IP address" as Yes. and Apply.

6. Now go to Port Forwarding

7. Select supported applications and "add a new game or application" Name the settings and select no on copy an exisiting application

8. Put in the desired settings (the Easy N uses port 81 so put that as all the numbers) then apply these settings

9. Then go to Port Forwarding> Configuration

10. Select the application name you just made

11. IMPORTANT: For Device in the drop down menu scroll down to "User Defined IP address"

12. Put in that IP address you noted in step 5. 

13. Save your info. 

This worked perfectly for me by going to the my IP address http://XX.XXX.XXX.XX:81 (the 81 is my desired public port set in step 8). As a bonus Easy N cameras (and some other manyfacturers) also forward from an address which goes like http://xxxx.easyn.hk

NOTE for IP camera owners be sure to check what you have as a port number in you camera's menu settings it usually is 81.

0 Ratings
patrickmolloy
Beginner
Message 16 of 21

I've been through your notes. Maybe I'm just doing something silly. I can use the monitor on my pc and on my iPad.

However, needing to monitor my pets when I'm overseas, i want to set this up as you have, to use the web. hmmm

0 Ratings
patrickmolloy
Beginner
Message 17 of 21

one thing of note is that the 'outer' address on the box is the same at printed under the camera, but its not the same when you look into the camera options when its cabled and running. on the label, there are 5 letters that start the web address

so label: xxxxx.easyn.hk

Options/DDNS: xxxx.easyn.hk

anyway, i have set the camera to the 5 letter version, but non-the-less i still cannot connect via the internet, only cable

0 Ratings
Scotsnomad
Beginner
Message 18 of 21

Is your router the HH3A or HH3B. (Look at bottom of router for info) If you have the hh3a then you can stop there because due to a firmware upgrade port forwarding does not work I tried for over a week and now Im using an old Netgear to allow me to port forward..... Sorry if this is bad news for you.

I contacted BT about the problem the techs said they could supply another but it would cost £10 and they could not confirm it would be the HomeHub 3 B that I required.

patrickmolloy
Beginner
Message 19 of 21

its a Type 'B'

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 21

This link should help.