cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Expert
Message 1 of 31

Now that the 'Report Failed Recordings' sticky thread has been closed ....

.... can we expect some feedback and/or regular status updates?

0 Ratings
30 REPLIES 30
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 31

Re: Now that the 'Report Failed Recordings' sticky thread has been closed ....

Or even a fix!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 31

Why has it been closed...has the inbox run out of space Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 31

Hi Guys,

The post has not been closed and is still on the boards however it is no longer a sticky as the team that are working on a solution have collected enough examples to help with their investigations.

Cheers

Neil

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 5 of 31

Thx - but can you answer the Q please ?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 6 of 31

Hi Speedtrip,  

We completely understand your frustration in relation to the recording problems that many are experiencing.   

We are working very closely with the development team and they are keen to sort the recordings issue out.  Thanks to the sticky thread on the community, they have gained enough examples which are aiding in the investigation.  The second we have any update then I can assure you this is something we will most certainly share with you guys.

Cheers 
Sean

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 31

Just out of interest what date was the sticky posted on, so we can see how long have they been working on this issue.

EDIT - It's ok I found it referred to by you on 08/05/2014...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 8 of 31

Good to hear:-

@SeanD wrote:

We are working very closely with the development team and they are keen to sort the recordings issue out.  Thanks to the sticky thread on the community, they have gained enough examples which are aiding in the investigation.  The second we have any update then I can assure you this is something we will most certainly share with you guys.

Cheers 
Sean

A status update is important - even if it has 'no news' - it demonstrates that the problem is being managed ....

Taking ownership of a Problem & demonstrating thus is a key aspect of good Customer Service.

In the ideal world, the 'Sticky' would not have been removed w/o the Problem Manager notifying the Users ....

@.... anyways, we await - held rapt (like choc-ices) - the developments  .... especially after I forgot to power up the G4 @ 0800 today (which seems to guarantee that a scheduled recording will work)  and hence have missed  MotoGP .... again ....

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 31

BT's misnamed offshore BT TV Faults team are still guaranteeing "to solve your problem forever sir" and are STILL giving out the same stock advice "Reset your box sir" I have just put the phone down on one yet again.
My YouView box KEEPS missing the end of Eursport HD and SD broadcasts this cannot be beyond the technical capacity of either YOU VIEW or BT to fix please get on with it, you are annoying me now BT.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 10 of 31

@speedtrip wrote:

Good to hear:-

@SeanD wrote:

Cheers 
Sean

A status update is important - even if it has 'no news' - it demonstrates that the problem is being managed ....

Taking ownership of a Problem & demonstrating thus is a key aspect of good Customer Service.

In the ideal world, the 'Sticky' would not have been removed w/o the Problem Manager notifying the Users ....

@.... anyways, we await - held rapt (like choc-ices) - the developments  .... especially after I forgot to power up the G4 @ 0800 today (which seems to guarantee that a scheduled recording will work)  and hence have missed  MotoGP .... again ....

Just a nudge to suggest that an update would be much appreciated - see my previous points as to why this is key to Problem Mgmt & good CS.

0 Ratings