cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Nuisance Call that Interfers with Hub??

Strange one this, since moving house in December and receiving the Home Hub 4, we have been receiving a lot of nuisance/silent calls even though we are ex-directory.

The mojority of calls are either, witheld number, int' number or more recently 00563 6691478 (which I have just reported to Ofcom.

The strange thing with the latter number is that whenever it calls, which is at least a couple of times a day, the Home Hub goes from Blue to flashing Orange, this continues for a couple of seconds after the call has ended and then resets itself and has not done this with other calls, only from the 00563 number. 

I have never answered and let it go to answer machine and they either say nothing, lots of background noise or just hang up.  However today I did answer and they asked for Mrs Smith...what I didn't realise is the other half has answered a couple of calls and they've asked for the same person, hence my reporting the number to Ofcom.

What I can't understand is why that particular number appears to affect the Home Hub causing it to flash Orange, any ideas???

Thanks guys

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: Nuisance Call that Interfers with Hub??

Hello pumagirl,

Just to let you know, you're not alone with this issue.  I have a Home Hub 3 and up until a couple of weeks ago whenever an International call came through which i didn't answer, immediately the phone stopped ringing my Home Hub Broadband light would start flashing Orange for a few minutes then return to normal.  These International calls would come through on a regular basis and it ALWAYS happened.  I then decided to check it out by answering the next one, which, yes, you've guessed it was a guy with an Indian accent doing a survey.  I politely said no thanks and put the phone down...... and whether this is a coincidence or not, my Broadband light stayed blue the next time they rung and i didn't anwer.  I did post about this issue a while back but didn't get much feedback if i remember correctly.  Call me suspicous, but i did think it was very odd and thought about the possibility of the caller being able to enter my Hub making the broadband light flash orange, possibly checking my connection or whatever.  Very spooky!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: Nuisance Call that Interfers with Hub??

I forgot to mention........the best thing you could do pumagirl is to answer the call next time if you're able to, and see if that stops the orange flashing bblite on future calls, like itseems to have with me.
0 Ratings