cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UKAlfie
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Nuisance calls jamming landline

Is there any way of stopping nuisance calls such as withheld numbers that constantly ring therefore jamming the line? My phone line was jammed for over 2 hours with calls so that other people could not get through. Even though I have call barring etc. it did not stop the calls and only stopped the ringing! This was done in connection with a credit card fraud.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Nuisance calls jamming landline

0 Ratings
UKAlfie
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Thanks for your help Keith but there does not seem to be a solution to bombarding the landline with calls to jam it up.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

Are you sure its not a fault on the line, or in the exchange, as that can cause the line to become busy?

Have you reported the problem to BT?

0 Ratings
UKAlfie
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 8

The calls were made over a period of 2 hours whilst credit card fraud was occuring and BT were not any help. The line has been back to normal with no problems since. However I was looking for advice/technology to stop the problem in the future. 

0 Ratings
Devon_Dave
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 8

There are plenty of call blocker phones available however the forum is unable to provide links to the suppliers.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
UKAlfie
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Thanks for your advice. Call blocker phones can stop phones ringing but still tie up the phone line and continuous calls can tie up the line for hours as was the situation in my case. The solution will probably be to get another line installed or use a number of different mobile phones.

0 Ratings
Havnalaff
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 8

@UKAlfie, you've answered your question haven't you - use 'burner' mobile phones, these cannot be tied up for the reasons you describe. It's all a question of money in the end.

0 Ratings