cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
boopah
Message 1 of 5

Nuisance marketing and silent calls

My number is ex-directory and registered with TPS. I have caller display but still am suffering at the hands of unsolicited callers.

I can receive up to ten calls a day, usually with the display "International" or "Unavailable". More recently I am receiving them between the hours of 9pm and 8 am which is particularly stressful given I am the first contact for elderly parents. During the night I will answer calls (as my display is not lit up and my eyes are not open) -sometimes they are silent and sometimes I have people asking for me by name (another point of stress).

All whingeing aside, BT does not seem to be able to deal with these issues satisfactorily, to the point where I have been told I cannot have a new number because someone else will then have to be ascribed my current number. I am sure this cannot be the case?! Obviously changing number is an inconvenience but better than the nightly nervous breakdowns we are all currently having!

What do I have to do in order for BT to recognise this has become an unmanageable situation and for them to help by changing my number?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Nuisance marketing and silent calls

HI
Unfortunatly no phone provider can stop the calls you are getting but a number change is however as numbers are reused after a year you may be no better off
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

I believe there is a product on the market called Truecall which is supposed to deal with these type of problems. You may find someone on these forums who has such a device. It is not cheap, but seems to get good reviews.

0 Ratings
OldGold
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 5

Having had similar problems I purchased A truecall, it really works http://www.truecall.co.uk/ can be purchased a bit cheaper via Amazon.

Ray.

0 Ratings
Katt5288
Message 5 of 5

I used to have the same problem, have a look at this website I signed up over a year ago and have not had a nuisance call to date, such a relief! Www.nomoremarketing.co.uk
0 Ratings