cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikerennie
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

Number Transfer (PAC code given to BT) not going to plan

I have recently joined BT mobile. Last week I supplied a PAC code to transfer my number from virgin mobile. Initially I was told the transfer would happen on Friday 3rd April, then this was changed to Tuesday 7th April. However I received a call from BT yesterday saying there was a problem with the transfer, but it would be completed by 1230 today. This has been and gone and unfortunately no transfer has occurred.

I contacted BT and was told should happen by 1600 today but if not someone would be in touch. Unfortunately number neither transferred nor anyone from BT been in touch.

The BT sim I was sent no longer works (therefore unable to use any of its service), my Virgin mobile sim still receives and makes calls but I do not receive any texts which has created problems. 

Furthermore when looking at my BT Mobile account online, the mobile number registered to the account has changed yet to the one I wish to keep, but the service has not transferred. Can anyone from BT tell me when my transfer will be complete?

I can see that others have had problems too, is BT not capable of transferring numbers smoothly?

11 REPLIES 11
RobbieMac
Message 2 of 12

Re: Number Transfer (PAC code given to BT) not going to plan

Hi mikerennie,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for your post!

Sorry you're having problems transferring your number over to BT Mobile.  Send me the details and I'll give you a hand to get this sorted out.

Click on my username and under the "about me" section of my profile you'll see the link to get in touch with us.

Cheers,

Robbie

Tim2100
Beginner
Message 3 of 12

I have had similar problems.  I had a huge battle last week to get my PAC code form Virgin.

The transfer date was today (08/04)  Both SIM's are still working the number hasn't transfered and now the BT Mobile module on the MyBT page has dissappered from My Products.

RobbieMac
Message 4 of 12

Hi Tim2100,

Welcome and thanks for posting!

If your number still hasn't transferred over by now I'll look into this for you.

You'll see our contact link in my profile under the section "about me".

Cheers,

Robbie

kieronburns
Beginner
Message 5 of 12

Hi

I seem to be having similar problem with my new BT Sim and keeping my number!

It would appear my number hasn't changed over for calls and texts, but has changed over for apps such as WhatsApp! So I'm receiving calls and texts on the BT number and receiving WhatsApp messages on the number I wish too keep!

One phone, one sim card with two numbers!

Can anyone help?

Cheers

Kieron

0 Ratings
mikerennie
Beginner
Message 6 of 12

UPDATE - 

Spoke to BT manager last night, who was blaming Virgin mobile for the delay, however it was admitted that this is happening to mulitple people who are porting numbers to BT from several mobile companies, with the common denominator being BT. I was told this would be fixed today, but again number has not transferred.

This to me seems to be primarily a problem with BT mobile and I am less than impressed. All good and well having headline grabbing deals, but if you can't do the basics of porting numbers there will be reputational damage.

I await a fix, but would not be surprised to be waiting until next week.

xcaliba
Beginner
Message 7 of 12

Oh dear, I really did not want to see this thread. I supplied my PAC from 3 on Friday the 1st and I am still waiting to get my number ported across. When I rang to ask what was happening, I was told it was all 3's fault so I rang 3 and they said that the PAC had been actioned on Friday and the number was released.

So, I spoke to BT again (after 22 minutes on hold) and they apologised, said it wasn't 3's fault and that they would fix today and get back to me. It's still not fixed and no-one called me back.

I am beginning to think that moving to BT was perhaps not the best decision I have ever made.

0 Ratings
Degzi2009
Beginner
Message 8 of 12

Hope you guys are sorted soon. I came from virgin and I got switched without a hitch.

If anyone reads this and wants PAC code from virgin, wait until call center has gone home, or phone on sunday, you then got to US call center who will give it without quibble.

I'm well happy with bt mobile, which is unusual because the crappy indian call center BT use is hopeless.
0 Ratings
DonDino
Expert
Message 9 of 12

That's all very interesting! I am in my 7th day without a successful port, and BT are blaming Three from day one!
Do you think then it's actually BT's fault?
0 Ratings
xcaliba
Beginner
Message 10 of 12

How can we tell whose fault it is. Today is the 7th day waiting for me as well. I got the following email from BT this morning:

We are currently dealing with your request for this number to port onto the BT Mobile network.  The order should of completed 04/04/2016.  Unfortunately the order has gone into delay, the reason for this delay is that your previous network provider are late in releasing the files we require to complete the port.

We have today, officially, been notifified, that 3 have a system issue causing a problem with releasing the routing files, which are required to route your number onto the BT Mobile network.  An incident has now been raised to their support team with an SLA of 48 hours, we will update you again further tomorrow.

Really not good enough.

0 Ratings