cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Number portability fault - Unable to receive calls from Sky customers since transferring to BT

Go to solution

I transferred my telephone and broadband service from Sky to BT on December 23rd, 2014.  Ever since, I have been unable to receive calls from other Sky customers.  Very inconvenient considering the majority of my friends and family are with Sky! I rang BT and explained the issue.  Clearly no coincidence that this fault only occurred since the day I transferred, however the advisor from Banglahore, clearly reading from a script, explained that the line test showed no fault and it was likely to be an internal wiring fault which may incur a charge of £129.99.  As I was confident it was not an internal fault, an engineer's visit was duly booked.  Sure enough, the engineer found no fault and when I explained the issue he said he'd come across this several times and it was a number portability issue and that I must contact BT and explain that they needed to contact Sky in order to resolve the issue.  Fast forward 6 weeks to present day, somewhere in the region of a dozen long and frustrating calls to banglahore and 3 engineer appointments (one of which the engineer never bothered to turn up costing my wife a full days pay) and I am no further on.  Every phone call to BT was like starting a fresh, speaking to someone different each time and going round in circles ending in the same annoying end result - no solution! Today's visit from the engineer (again costing my wife a full days pay) resulted in the same outcome with the engineer totally exasperated that Openreach had been called out again, when clearly there was nothing they could do. This whole experience has been very stressful and not to mention expensive due to loss of pay.  Well, I'm afraid if the guy who is supposedly calling me back tomorrow with some answers doesn't resolve my issue, then it's goodbye BT and thanks for nothing!! You're quite happy to take my £46 a month for telephone and Infinity 2 broadband but clearly your customer services and so-called "technical advisors" are utterly incompetent and altogether uninterested...... AAAAARRRGHH!!!!!!!!

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Number portability fault - Unable to receive calls from Sky customers since transferring to BT

Go to solution

Welcome to this forum.
This is a customer to customer forum only,

This is where customers help each other get the most out of BT products & services.

Anything you post here does not go to BT. Although the forum is moderated by BT, not all posts are read.

If you need direct help from BT or have an urgent problem please use this linkContact Us.

This is a public forum which can be viewed worldwide, so please do not post any personal information, especially phone numbers, account numbers, fault numbers, address information or email addresses, as this could be used to impersonate you.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Moderator-Retired
Message 3 of 7

Re: Number portability fault - Unable to receive calls from Sky customers since transferring to BT

Go to solution

Hi coomster74, 

Im sorry that you can't make calls to Sky numbers from your landline. I will take a look at this. 

Please send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile and I will be in touch. 

Cheers,

OlgaC 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution
The problem is receiving calls from Sky customers not making calls to Sky customers and it's obviously a number portability issue that Sky need to sort out, but as the end user is not a Sky customer anymore they cannot ring Sky, but as they are now a BT customer, then BT need to get onto a Sky to sort the problem out
sending Openreach and telling the end user to wait in for them, is pointless as the problem isn't a lineplant issue
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks Iniltous - finally someone who's talking sense!  Thankfully my little tirade got the moderators attention and one phone call from them within 48 hours of posting has resolved the issue.  As you said, they got onto Sky and it was sorted within hours.  Begs the question why this couldn't have been done 6 weeks ago!?!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 7
Moved:

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

I have the exact same problem - do you have any more details of what the moderators actually did to contact Sky and how they resolved the problem?

0 Ratings