cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NEILROY
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 16

OFFICIAL BT MESSAGE-CANNOT RECORD ESPN AND ESPN HD

Just got off the phone with BT and to my astonishment I've been told that ESPN/ESPN HD will not be able to be recorded via BT Vision box.

I queried this several times and asked where this was advertised; obviously they could not direct me to where this was clearly stated.

Anyway to cut a long story short I'm looking to cancel my BT Tv subscription because I was mainly interested in recording baseball coverage.

Just thought I'd pass on news; if any moderators know this to be false then please let me know what I need to do to rectify my problem (and I'm sure others will have similar issue).

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
drunk1
Contributor
Message 2 of 16

Re: OFFICIAL BT MESSAGE-CANNOT RECORD ESPN AND ESPN HD

Well I have just tested ESPN SD and I can record no problems on BT Vision box. 

However, my EPG has not been updated for ESPN HD but I reckon that should update over time as it only appeared today. 

I think you have been fed porkies buddy. 

0 Ratings
skippyat27
Beginner
Message 3 of 16

i have black bt vision box and can record both sd and hd sport channels. all channels are working fine too through the powerline adaptors

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 16

We can record ESPN OK, it's the playback when the VMC026 kicks in! BT have clearly topped the list of 'Rogue Traders' with the advertising and usage associated with the BT Vision product.  Only been a customer for about 9 weeks - Mr Gullible or what!!

0 Ratings
iwatts
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 16

I cannot record ESPN or BT Sport - I simply get a message saying they are internet channels. Will be phoning BT tomorrow.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 16

You can't record on YouView. You can on the Vision+ box.
Recording will come later to YouView

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
iwatts
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 16

How much later. I know they have said Autumn but that's a pretty long time.
0 Ratings
zanebray
Beginner
Message 8 of 16

I'd like to know how much longer, too.  I was most annoyed to discover I can't record the channel I want to simply because it is an "internet channel".  So what??  Sounds like the product was released before it was ready!

0 Ratings
MartinH
Expert
Message 9 of 16

@zanebray wrote:

I'd like to know how much longer, too.  I was most annoyed to discover I can't record the channel I want to simply because it is an "internet channel".  So what??  Sounds like the product was released before it was ready!

No exact date is known nor will one be announced.

When the software update is ready it'll be released on a phased roll-out which normally takes around two weeks to complete.

0 Ratings
zanebray
Beginner
Message 10 of 16

Thanks Martin.  Do you know how BT plans to notify customers that this feature is now available?

0 Ratings