Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
feegee
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

OMG - an actual result

Evening everyone, just thought i would post something positive for a change  

Some of you may remember that i had some issues with broadband usage that i had apparently used and i was adamant that i didn't use it (link to original thread below)

https://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/Need-some-help-with-apparent-BB-usage/td-p/1635598

sorry, i edited the link as i had posted someomes else's BB usage query that i had replied to, DOH !!!

Well, today i received an email to say that they had made a mistake in charging me for the over usage amount as there had been a "glitch in the system" and it all tied in perfectly with the dates i was disputing. I have mixed emotions in a way because i knew i hadn't used it but had no way of proving it, even the mods couldn't help me at the time but i am also happy that BT have held their hands up on this occasion and i will be credited back the amount. I'm not sure why it's taken them almost 2 months though to realise there had been a "glitch", surely this should have flagged up before now as i doubt i was the only person it happened to

Anyway, it appears to be all sorted now but i just thought i would post something good for a change beecause i normally only come on here to complain .  I don't expect anyone to answer but just thought i would let you know. Maybe now i stop taking screenshots of ny usage monitor every day, lol.

Fee

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: OMG - an actual result

Good to hear that you finally got this sorted out. I hope BT also include some compensation for the worry and anxiety they caused you. 

0 Ratings
feegee
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Thanks @gg30340  but i think that may be a step too far for BT to succumb to, lol. I know someone else had the same issue around the same time so i hope they see this post and  also hope that they have received a similar email.

I think i am more amazed that BT contacted me because after the help from the mod (who couldn't do anything for me) i just gave up, i couldn't argue without having any actual proof, so i am pretty relieved.

0 Ratings
dlaw
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Looks like you and I experienced the same glitch, feegee! I already pushed for a refund and got one, but glad to see they've finally held their hands up and said it was their mistake.

0 Ratings