cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

ORDI request to Openreach

Tried to sign upto Plusnet, took them 2 weeks to inform me, there was a problem and need to do an ORDI request. 

Bt live chat told me to contact Openreach, surprise surprise you cant contact them.

Anyone have any idea on how to do this ORDI request.

When did it get so difficult to just change broadband providers

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Message 2 of 10

Re: ORDI request to Openreach

Hi @woods1969 Welcome to the forum and sorry you are having difficulty moving to a new provider. 

Please can you confirm that your telephone line is active with BT Retail at present. Also that your address exactly matches the listing on the Royal Mail  website. 

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 10

Thanks for the reply

Yes, I have an active BT line.  Yes, my address on BT account matches exactly that of Royal Mail website. Which is also the same address I used to sign up to Plusnet. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 10

Hi @woods1969 Thanks for confirming that for me.

We will be happy to help you with this if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

PS please include your full address on the Details of your query section of the form.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 10

Hi @woods1969 Thanks for sending over your details. 

I've checked and your address records are correct with Openreach. You are currently on the BT Basic tariff and another company cannot takeover these lines. If you wish to move your line you will firstly have to move to the standard line rental tariff. If you would like to do this post back and let me know and I will send an email to the BT Basic team for you to get the tariff changed. Once you are changed over to the standard tariff you will then be able to move your line.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 10

What an absolute FAFF.

Yes I would like to change the tarrif please.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 10

Any idea on how long it will take to change.

Thanks
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 10

Hi @woods1969,

The order has been submitted to Openreach and it is due to complete on the 06/08/2018.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 9 of 10

Seriously. It will take 9 days for someone to tick or untick a box on my account. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 10 of 10

I'd like to request an ORDI please as well. 

I am new in town but my address on BT account matches exactly that of Royal Mail website. 

Thank you 

0 Ratings