cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jaymo
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

OUTLOOK sending Tiscali email via BT Server !

This has been driving me mad for some time & BT help seem completely unable to help me resolve this issue.

I have recently found my Outlook application (running on an iMAC) will only recieve my Tiscali email account & not send. I have allways used this email address & never bothered with the BTinternet.com email

Can anyone shed any light on what i might be doing wrong? All details appear to be correct in the incoming & outgoing POP settings.

Thank you

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: OUTLOOK sending Tiscali email via BT Server !

Its not entirely clear from the post if Outlook has suddenly stopped sending from your Tiscali account or if it has never managed to send.

0 Ratings
Jaymo
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Sorry, it has stopped working just recently, has always worked in the past for several years.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

I suspect the problem lies with Tiscali, you are only using BT as a pipe, you are not using BT servers. Check that their server details haven't changed recently. However, it is perfectly possible to send using BT servers if you have a xxx@btinternet.com email address. In the Outgoing server section, instead of selecting the option to use the same details as incoming server, set the Outgoing server to mail.btinternet.com, port 465 SSL selected, user name as your xxx@btinternet.com email address and password and authentication required ticked.