cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Occasional high latency to router via wifi and slow data transfer between ethernet devices.

Hi,
I have 2 problems with my home hub3, I've spoken to bt help who were no help at all!
1:- intermittent long pings (~200ms for ~5s) over wireless to the router, this isn't solved by changing channels or rebooting router.  I've tested this with different laptops and operating systems, and doesn't seem to be a distance / interference problem.  This causes problems with online gaming mainly.
2:- occasional very slow transfer rates between two devices connected via ethernet, this is solved by rebooting router and doesn't happen with a different (non bt) router.  This causes problems with streaming videos.
Thanks for any help!
Tom
0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Occasional high latency to router via wifi and slow data transfer between ethernet devices.

Hi Jolly_green_giant,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for posting. If you send me in your details using the link found in the "about me" section of my profile, I can take a look at this to see if I can find out what the problem is.

Thanks

Paddy

0 Ratings