cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
transmodal
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Odd Infinity Availability Issue

I am currently a Virgin Media broadband customer who's very eager to switch to BT. However, I've run into an odd issue when trying to determine whether or not I can get Infinity Fibre Optic.

I live in a building with four units. When I use BT's fibre optic availability checker, my building shows up as eligible to receive BT Infinity, as do the other three flats in my building. Additionally, the checker also displays a result called "Not for cp use [my building name]" which also is eligible to get BT Infinity. However, my flat number does not show up. Manually entering my flat number results in an error.

I called BT and spoke to a friendly chap who agreed that this is an odd issue since it appears that my building (and the other flats in it) are all eligible for BT Infinity. However, he was not able to sort out what the problem is--and while he told me that I could probably get BT Infinity, he could only guarantee that my flat could receive DSL, which I'm not interested in. 

I do not currently have a phone number associated with my flat, and I believe the previous tenant, who lived here for quite some time, was also a Virgin Media customer. While I'm keen to switch to BT, I'm not eager to sign up for an eighteen month contract if it turns out that I'm only able to get DSL.

Is there any way to get further clarity about this issue? Again, I'd really like to leave Virgin behind, but only if I can switch to BT Infinity.

Thanks!

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Odd Infinity Availability Issue

Once the Forum Mods have read your post they will post an invite here once you reply to them they will take personal ownership of the problem until resolved.
Do not send them a Personal Message as this is the incorrect contact method and cannot be properly tracked also the mod contacted may not be on shift for sometime and this will delay your help

The forum mods normally reply within 3/5 working days after you have contacted them
They will contact you personally by email or phonemod contact.JPG

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 3 of 4

Hi Transmodal,

Thanks for your post, please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile under the 'about me' section to send in your address details and we'll check this with Openreach. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
transmodal
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Hi Neil,

Many thanks for the prompt response. I've been in touch with a community moderator, and she's pursuing the matter on my behalf. I appreciate the customer service!

0 Ratings