Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cwilcock
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

Oder cancelled by BT

Go to solution
Hi, I was just wondering if anybody was able to help me with the following problem. I ordered BT Infinity earlier on this morning, went through the whole order process. Then I check my BT app tonight and it now says order cancelled even though I have had no email explaining why? Is this allowed? I was really relying on being able to get infinity broadband as my connection is really quite slow considering I am only around 100 metres from the exchange if not closer. I understand that there are only a set amount of lines that they can dedicate to fibre but can BT offer it and then go back on their word? Thankyou in advance
0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
XRaySpeX
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 12

Re: Oder cancelled by BT

Go to solution

It's allowed in the sense all you have done is make an order, but BT hasn't accepted your order. Until it does so no contract between you exists. The offer or advert is just an "invitation to treat".

Nevertheless, I would expect BT to give you an explanation as to why it has been cancelled. One common reason for a supplier to cancel an order w/out any reason is failure of credit check.

Beginner
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution
Thankyou for the swift reply, I doubt that it would be the credit check as I have never had any problems before. This morning though I checked if I was able to get fibre and it came back that I could only get normal broadband then I checked again a couple of hours later and it said I could which is when I went through with the order process. I received a message today from my current broadband provider saying they were sorry I was leaving does this mean I am going to have to contact them to stay with them if BT can’t offer me fibre?
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution
more likely a full cabinet waiting for a capacity upgrade
0 Ratings
Cwilcock
Beginner
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution
So do you think if I ring BT there is any chance of being able to get the order reinstated or is it just a case of waiting for a space to become available? Thankyou for the quick replies
0 Ratings
XRaySpeX
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

Did you cancel or tell your old ISP you were leaving? You shouldn't. You should just sign-up with the new ISP & let them handle everything.

You'd best contact your existing ISP to say you're staying before they cease your BB. Is it still running?

What does BT Broadband Availability Checker estimate for your phone number? Post just the whole table and the line above it, blanking out your phone number. If it doesn't recognise your phone number, use the Address Checker, not the Postcode Checker.

Also look in text below the table for something like:

• "There are multiple/pending/outstanding orders open on your line""
  • "There is currently a Broadband cease pending or in progress against this line."
Beginner
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution
No BT have contacted my current broadband supplier under the table it says “This PCP has a waiters list for FTTC VDSL services. You may place an order which will be dealt with in turn” it also says “WBC FTTP Availability Date” AVAILABLE. So I take it from this that it is available? Sorry don’t know how to post the table up
0 Ratings
XRaySpeX
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

That's promising. There's nowt about a cease or order being on the line.

Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution
There is a waiting list on your cabinet it is waiting a capacity upgrade
0 Ratings
Cwilcock
Beginner
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution
I have spoken to BT this morning and they said exactly that. But after speaking to BT I rang my current supplier and they are able to offer me fibre anyway so I have gone with them. Thank you to everyone for their replies it is much appreciated
0 Ratings