cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tonymc
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Official Statement on Downgrading and Contract Extension?

Has anyone from BT made an official statement that if you choose to downgrade to BT Lite, your contract will NOT be extended to run for an additional 12 months?

I did downgrade via the website, but then came across a number of posts on various sites suggesting that BT would automatically extend the contract.
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
norrisn2
Beginner
Message 2 of 4

Re: Official Statement on Downgrading and Contract Extension?

Just got off the phone with them and yes they will extend your contract, I am not happy and put in a complaint.

0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 4

I recontracted my BB and phone on the 12th June. Then got the email about BT Sport and downgraded on the 17th. Have rung customer options twice about what happens about the contract extension and got told two different things but in both cases I was told that my original contract end date is valid  ie 11 June 2016 and it has not been extended by the downgrade.

0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 4

I just contacted live chat who confirmed the 11 June 2016 end date and stated it is not affected by the downgrade to Lite I made on the 17th.

It would appear that for those who have recently recontracted their services and then downgraded there is no change to the original contract dates , which is what one of the the options team said.  The other person said that the contract would be extended to the 17th but was surprised that the system still showed the 11th.

It is all very confusing and what actually happens doesn't seem to follow what Bt are saying.

0 Ratings