Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Old Talk Talk youview box

hi all,

hope someone can help me please i currently have a bt vision box and everything worked fine no buffering on any of the iplayers or chatch up tv's. i have just purchased a used TalkTalk youview box and plugged it in place of my bt vision box and it worked fine also has the wee bt logo now but the problem is when i watch catch up e.g bbc iplayer i get alot of buffering which i didn't with the bt vision box.

i spoke to bt and not really helpful at all but was wondering if anyones got some advice please.

thanks in advance

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Re: Old Talk Talk youview box

Can't really blame them for not supporting talk talks box but the hardware is inferior in the talktalk boxes going to be trying this myself next week though when my bt infinity is installed next week 🙂
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 6

On the Bt Vision I think you would have benefited from BT quality of service(QOS) being applied to its on demand (which is where all the catchup other than BBc iplayer was). What is your broadband speed and are there other users accessing the broadband whiilst you are watching the catcghup ?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Hi Zulu17 my broadband speed is about 7meg, me being stupid i thought the bt vision box never used my normal broadband as it never counted towards my download limit(when on 10gb package) and never had buffering when kids on the internet but the youview box keeps buffering every minute on bbc iplayer.

so does this also mean i can cancel my bt vision subs? 

thanks for any imput

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 6

Talk talk YouView box will count towards your usage

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 6

Given you say you acquired an old box you might also want to check that you have latest Huawei Youview updates.

0 Ratings