cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hc168
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

Old alternative email accounts no longer accessible

I have been using BT for a while now and have a number of own domain email addresses set up for send only and I use these regularly.

I just notice today that I can no longer send emails using these accounts. I have tried to re-add these accounts, but seem to be facing problems with the verification part of the process:

1. The new account does not stay in the "Mail Accounts" list under mail options.

2. No verification email is received even though mail from a third source is received. (Note I use domain mail forwarding to send mails to my BT Yahoo email account). This suggests that BT Yahoo somehow recognise this being an existing account and refuses to re-send verification email.

3. Try setting a new account under the same domail works.

I do not want to set up a new set of domain email accounts unless there is absolutely no alternative.

Any one else experienced a similar issue?

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
hc168
Beginner
Message 2 of 2

Re: Old alternative email accounts no longer accessible

Just to add a little bit more info on this issue:

1. When trying to re-set up previously set up email address myname@domain.co.uk, no verification email is received.

2. When trying to set up new email address my_name@domain.co.uk, verification email is recieved.

The funny thing is that whenever I add these email accounts, BT Yahoo mail adds them to my list of contact email addresses. For each new email address I set up, a notification is sent to all the previously set up email addresses.

Did I mention that myname@domain.co.uk disappears from the Mail Option->Mail Accounts screen, but my_name@domain.co.uk despite it says BT Yahoo is waiting for the email address to be verified in both instances.

How can I re-activate my old email accounts?

0 Ratings