Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
monkeypigs
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Old firmware on BT Infinity Home Hub

Go to solution

Just tried contacting BT about my home hub which is less than 8 months old having an out of date version of the firmware. Experiencing issues streaming internally (Took me 5 minutes to get this point across)

Current version is Software version 4.7.5.1.83.2.11.2.6 (Type B) updated on 01/06/2011

Latest version released April 2011 is Software version 4.7.5.1.83.3.18 (Type B) according to this page

No one at BT (Spoke to 3 people after constantly being disconnected) seems to know a)Why my home hub hasn't been updated b)When it will be updated.

I've been told it isn't compatible with the homehub 2.0 and that this firmware is for the new v3.0 hub (not true according to the above page) which I will have to buy... My existing hub is less than 12 months old so still under warranty so why should I.....

I've also been told that it either requires an engineer visit or work to be done at the exchange (for a FIRMWARE update? I don't think so somehow!)

Also been told that I will have to live with this as firmware is only updated once a quarter...... yet it didn't recieve the latest firmware when it last updated - not an acceptable answer either!

They've said that they will call back tomorrow with an answer, but I'm not holding my breath!

Today, BT's staff have demonstrated a complete lack of knowledge about a basic issue! Not happy in the slightest with the level of service recieved today.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
tim1964
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: Old firmware on BT Infinity Home Hub

Go to solution

My HH2 version is

Software version 4.7.5.1.83.2.11.2.6 (Type B)

The numbers don't even look similar :?

Is the latest firmware that important or is it more a case of "if it ain't broke........"

0 Ratings
monkeypigs
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

We are experiencing issues streaming internally though, that's what started this whole saga off!

This latest update includes a fix for this.....

0 Ratings
monkeypigs
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

PING! Timeout expired and no phone call from BT!

One very unhappy monkey off to make a complaint

0 Ratings
Highlighted
monkeypigs
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Better late than never, I got my call.
New home hub on the way, I just hope it's the BT Infinity model not the ADSL one! and that it somes with (or at least soon has....) the updated firmware!

0 Ratings
Rottie
Expert
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

@monkeypigs wrote:

Better late than never, I got my call.
New home hub on the way, I just hope it's the BT Infinity model not the ADSL one! and that it somes with (or at least soon has....) the updated firmware!

Hi there,

AIUI, your HomeHub will be replaced by whatever is the most current version; in this case the HomeHub 3, which can be used on either ADSL or FTTC connections without issue.

I hope this info helps. 😄

0 Ratings
monkeypigs
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 8

COMPLAINT Re: Old firmware on BT Infinity Home Hub

Go to solution

I'm on a rant here after an evening of wrestling with BT so be warned!

Hmmm.... it would help if the woman I spoke to had actually placed and order for a new HH.

Today, yet another phone call asking if the problem with my broadband is still ocurring!

There is NO problem with my broadband! It is with the **bleep** knackered HH.

After 3/4 hour trying to get my point across, repeating everything I've already said TWICE to two other agents,  the stupid advisor (sorry but he must be to think that this was the solution) gives me another freephone number to call.He said he would make a note that it was a complaint but stated he couldn't give me any confirmation that anyone would contact me back about it! It's a **bleep** COMPLAINT!

This turns out to be for BT's Home IT service at EIGHTY quid a pop! I am an IT technician, but as there is no way to update the firmware I can not resolve this! I don't need help setting up any of my 3 Ubuntu boxes, my iMac or my Server 2008 box!

Soon as I phoned this number, phoned through again pressing random options, got through to sales, explained I knew I was in the wrong department and asked to be passed to someone who could help before being promptly cut off.

Phoned through, this time going through to billing problems, and it APPEARS I know have a complaint logged.

This home hub has a fault, it is under warrarnty, therefore BT have a duty to resolve the issue and not try and charge me eighty quid for the privilage!

I do hope that a member of staff sees this post, I am most unhappy with all of the advisors (bar the last one who logged the actual complaint), each one who has given me different, incorrect advice.

Back in the early 2000's, I worked for BT and ended up in their offline complaints department (Alexandra House, Aldershot). I now am ashamed to say I used to work for this company, but I know that complaints (and customer service in general) never used to be treated this way

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
monkeypigs
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Re: COMPLAINT Re: Old firmware on BT Infinity Home Hub

Go to solution

OK, so I put a post on BT's facebook page, and within the hour was sent a link to fill a form in, and within 24 hours I was called back by someone who finally understood my problem!

Not only did I have issues with streaming, I also tried connecting my mobile to the v2 HH and the wifi would not connect, another symptom of the dodgy firmware it had!

Quick swap over to the new one and all is working, streaming, mobile wifi problem solved!

Now, don't get my wrong here, but it seems like the only way to talk to someone at BT who is based in the UK and knows what they are on about is to fill in the form I mentioned! I don't care where in the world a call centre is based if the people you get through to are competent and can understand your problem!

One happy customer now though!

0 Ratings