cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 14

Older version of Youveiw box delivered

Go to solution
Hi. I have been on the phone since 1300 as my new Youviewbox was delivered today, but having been promised by BT and sent documents about their latest BT Youview box, what arrived was an older version. This is grey type not black version.
Also it is larger than the new type.

Please can someone tell me who can I ring or email directly to get ths sorted, as everyone I have spoken to seems unable to resolve.

I have rang 5 times, they tried to transfer me and the line dropped, no call back.

So what I thought was going to be a nice easy experience has turned out extremely disappointed.

Any help appreciated,

Paul
0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 14

Re: Older version of Youveiw box delivered

Go to solution
What exactly do you mean by grey type? There is no grey YouView box

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 14

Go to solution

Buz

The BTVision Box is silver/grey - have you ordered that by mistake?

Regards

Tim

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 14

Go to solution

Does the box look like this?

If so, you have the very latest box.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 14

Go to solution

Very intrigued by this now. What has he been sent? It is grey but bigger than a youview box?

Buz, could you take a picture of the box you have been sent. Or could you post any model numbers that are written on it.

0 Ratings
Expert
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution

I got the older BT Humax Youview box delivered the day. One that looks like the retail box and although the remote control seems ok its not as good as the one with the retail box that I also have.

Remore for BT Youview box was all working fine untill I set up the remore to control the TV in living room now the volume buttons on the BT remote has stoped working. Retail Youview remote still works fine.

Darren

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 14

Go to solution
What might be happening is new broadband customers get the new G4 to match the Homehub 5, while existing customers just adding TV get the old box? Which are you?
0 Ratings
Expert
Message 8 of 14

Go to solution

The older box as I said I got the day. I'm also still using the Home Hub 3. I put my retail You view box in my bedroom and both boxes are work with the extra channels. I also tried more remote codes and got the volume buttons to work. BT rermote works turns up the sound on the TV were as the retail Youview remote turned the box sounds up and down.

Darren

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 14

Go to solution

This is annoying. I only got my youview box in september. I wish I had waited and perhaps got one of these new ones.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 14

Go to solution
Sorry been away. I was told I would get the latest BT TV box, I have the home hub 5 and now decided I want BT TV. What arrived was the older version YouVIew it is black but is definetly the older version. aAs I was expecting the one like the picture above as I got sent some documents showing me the latest box. If I figure out how to post image I will.
0 Ratings