cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 2

On Demand failed connection

Please forgive me if I have placed this message in the wrong section of the forum.

My problem is related to On Demand viewing through my Sky box. It is a long story but I will try to keep it short and to the point. I received a Wireless Connector from Sky to watch On Demand. According to them, setup is easy, plug it into the back of your sky box and into the mains. Input your wireless password and enjoy. Not so. Connection to network shows Ok but connection to On Demand shows failed. I have spoken to Sky who are saying the problem lies with TalkTalk (my provider), TalkTalk say the problem lies with the modem supplied by BT for fibre. Apparently, I need to change the Multiplexing method to LLC based but have no idea how to go about this. The following info is for my setup.

Router = Echolife Home Gateway HG532

Modem = Echolife HG612 FTTC VDSL NTE

If you have any answers for me then please use the acronym KISS as I am a complete idiot when it comes to technical issues related to computers etc.

Thanking you in anticipation

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: On Demand failed connection

This forum is for BT Retail customers only, you need to visit the TalkTalk forums here

http://www.talktalkmembers.com/forums/

The modem is provided by Openreach, not BT Retail.

0 Ratings