Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

On Infinity 1, exchange seemingly enabled but no sports or extra channels

Go to solution

Hi there

I'm new here and wondering if anybody can shed some light on my issue please.

I have Infinity 1 with 19mbps and have been getting BT Sport via Sky. I have cancelled Sky and got a BT YouView box. I called BT to switch my Sport from Sky to the BT box but I keep getting told my exchange isn't enabled. However, when I put my number into the BT broadband availability checker it says both fibre and copper multicast IS available at my cabinet (I have had infinity for over 2 years). One chap at BT did declare there was a glitch in their ordering system, I was in an enabled area and I would be able to get the sports channels but since then they have reverted to the 'exchange is not enabled' excuse.

Are they telling porkies or is the availability checker not that reliable?

Many thanks

dixter66

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Message 2 of 5

Re: On Infinity 1, exchange seemingly enabled but no sports or extra channels

Go to solution

Hi dixter66,

Thanks for posting and welcome to forum, I can take a look at this for you if you use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks very much NeilO. I have hopefully supplied my details via the contact form.

Look forward to hearing your findings.

Regards

dixter66

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution
I also look forward to your result with this, mine shows copper multicast enabled (no Infinity yet) however im getting told the same story that I cant get it on my TV

I think their might be an issue on the systems at BT, glad its not just me !
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Hi

This has now been resolved after assistance from a very patient Mr Taylor at BT. It turned out that my line was multicast enabled after all but there was a glitch in the ordering system which said that my line wasn't multicast enabled. The glitch was fixed and now I have all the internet channels in HD.

Thanks

dixter66

0 Ratings