cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ldjagger
Beginner
Message 11 of 37

Re: On demand yvm104 error - help!

I have the same issue.  Mine's a Hub 3.0 type B.   Standard BT Internet, not Infinity.

0 Ratings
bobjob
Contributor
Message 12 of 37

can the mods look at the possibility of the hub refreshing its self and the youview box then loses connection because of different ip address,a few people on youview forum think this is the cause.
0 Ratings
DS
Distinguished Guru
Message 13 of 37

@bobjob wrote:
can the mods look at the possibility of the hub refreshing its self and the youview box then loses connection because of different ip address,a few people on youview forum think this is the cause.

You could set the YVBox to a static IP Address and extend the DHCP to the max of 21 days, then see if this still happens.

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
bobjob
Contributor
Message 14 of 37

sorry not a clue where to begin,probably end up with no internet if i attempt this,bad enough paying for tv i cant use without losing my broadband.any help would be great DS.thanks.i think if i had known i would have all this messing about i would have stuck with my vision box,never had any problems with that,and they say youview is the way forward.???
0 Ratings
SamdyGray
Contributor
Message 15 of 37

Had this happen to me too.

HH3b.

IP for the YouView box set to static too.

0 Ratings
DS
Distinguished Guru
Message 16 of 37

The HH3's select static anyway, the HH2's don't.

Did you try increasing the DHCP lease time, just to rule that out?

Anyway, I did find what yvm104 means if it helps anyone

http://www.youview.com/support/kb/resolution-for-yvm104

This bit could be the reason why......

During peak periods (5:00pm to 10:00pm), there may be a lot of people online. This slows your connection down. If your picture is affected during this period, please contact your broadband provider. If the problem persists regardless of the time of day, try contacting your box provider. See our Useful Contacts for details. If none of the above steps have resolved this issue please contact YouView Viewer Support .

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
bobjob
Contributor
Message 17 of 37

im on hub 2.0a that could be the problem,speed isn't i get 6 to 7 meg 24 hours a day,7 days a week.still think youview box loses connection somehow,have done speedtest when demand and information button on box not working[on wireless laptop]speed still constant 6 to 7 meg.
0 Ratings
bobjob
Contributor
Message 18 of 37

now im really confused,no imformation button,players,or demand again this morning but after checking ip address its the same as yesterday.i now have to soft reset every day,it seems to be getting worse.
0 Ratings
craigmatchett
Beginner
Message 19 of 37

I think for this particular issue the guidance YV provide that it may be contention on the internet or a bandwidth issue is a red herring.

Every other PC, iPod, iPhone etc in the house continued to have no problem accessing the internet via the hub when the YV box could not. The issue is not limited to the on demand players themselves as the EPG stops working also when looking for detials on a program or going back a few days in the guide.

Given those two behaviours it has to be related to how the YV box connects to the hub.

I checked the hub and the internet connection had been up for days. I work from home and rely completely on the internet and have had no problems at all this week with email, videoconferencing, streaming video on the kids' PCs etc.

The only device that has a problem is the YV box. Could be a combination of the YV box and specific hubs, but given multiple hub types are affected, it points to the YV box itself.

bobjob
Contributor
Message 20 of 37

if you dig deep in the youview forums it seems this was a problem the trialists for youview were having so i think we are stuck with it,am thinking of going back to my vision box.i now have to soft reset daily,its getting past a joke.£49 the box is well over priced.
0 Ratings