Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SeanD
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 31 of 37

Re: On demand yvm104 error - help!

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the delay in updating the thread.  We are still investigating this issue and as soon as we have more news I will let you guys know.

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
JXHogan74
Contributor
Message 32 of 37

You can always try and interrogate the HH2 or HH3 and see if it still 'sees' the YV box.....in the homehub management software - the browser app - you can see what is connected where and in what state - level of info and how depends on HH.....

Also, I have been tinkering and can pretty much replicate this by physically removing the network cable from the box - obviously - or by booting the YV box off the HH, as above. This in itself isn't interesting, however when I plug the cable back in or manually readd the YV box's permission I DON'T get a functioning box back......I have to go into the internet connection setting and cycle AUTO to MANUAL and then back out - no need to go through the manual setup......this seems to force the YV box to reacquire the HH and, hence, the net connection.....

This is obviousy not a fix but it does seem to point to the loss of permission / de-acquisition with relation to the HH....maybe it can help someone....somewhere???

0 Ratings
rogerdoger
Contributor
Message 33 of 37

I had the yvm104 error problem a couple of weeks after taking up the YouView service, I tried all the resetting of everything, checked out the powerline adapters were working ok by plugging the ethernet lead direct to TV which has limited internet access and that worked ok. The solution was a BT man coming round to change the YouView box, all works fine now.
0 Ratings
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 34 of 37

This is a weird issue and I have proved that it may have nothing to do with your network connection.

If you press 'Y' then go qiuickly to the 'on-demand' then press 'select' you can get this message pop up, press OK which takes a whle to respond, press back or close, then press 'Y' again and you can go into the on-demand without problems

0 Ratings
rogerdoger
Contributor
Message 35 of 37

Same problem back again, the replaced box has worked fine until today then we are back with the YVM104 error again, rang BT, had to plough through all the checks they have on their screen having already done them myself, knowing from before that the only cure is a replacement box. Great isn't it when you have things recorded that are lost with the replacement box. Oh and I have to wait two weeks for the engineer to come, thanks BT you are  load of s***e, fantastic speedy customer service...not.

0 Ratings
stkw11
Beginner
Message 36 of 37

Try latest 10.6.0 software. Fixed all my buffering problems tonight!!! Can now play on demand 4 first time thru to end of programme, even hd! Touch wood - they may have fixed on demand problems; well done youview/BT/humax. Hope this fixes the thread here and all related buffering threads
0 Ratings
rogerdoger
Contributor
Message 37 of 37

Well after only two weeks wait the BT engineer arrived today, he tried to update the software but the box would not connect to the internet so he had to change the box, I'm on my 3rd box now, i wonder how long this will last.

0 Ratings