cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

One sub account has stopped working on POP3

About 3 days ago one of my email sub accounts has stopped working on POP3 but it still works fine in Webmail. I have checked the settings and they are identical to my other email sub acccounts (which all work) apart from the email address and password. I get the error from Outlook 0x800CCC92 The server respsonded -ERR[SYS/TEMP} Server error, please try again later. I have changed the password which has made no difference. This is on the BT Yahoo version of email. I have been on webchat and the phone to India, passed onto Consumer in Newcastle then cut off and nobody seemed to have any idea about the problem.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: One sub account has stopped working on POP3

Try using the Yahoo server settings instead of BT's

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN4724.html

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Thanks but that makes no difference. All the other sub-accounts work on mail.btinternet.com.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

and this morning after two attempts it downloaded a weeks worth of messages, very odd.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Today this one sub account has stopped working on POP3 again. Fine on webmail and all the other various 18 btinternet sub accounts on two main accounts are working fine.

"Task 'J*** J*** - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC92): 'Your e-mail server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password for this account in Account Settings. The server responded : -ERR [SYS/TEMP] Server error - Please try again later.' "

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

This cleared for about 3 weeks then started happening again on all devices. Why does this only happen on certain sub-accounts and what can be done about it?

Regards.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

I'm afraid its one of life's little mysteries that has been going on since as long as I can remember, there is nothing you can do unfortunately.

0 Ratings