cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SHOLTIE
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

One year on (Almost)

Hi all, just thought I would write a few comments regarding my infinity installation which took place almost a year ago.

27th January 2012 Infinity ordered after my cabinet had been enabled. Easy to order online no issues.

12th February 2012, installation day, engineer booked for 1pm to 6pm slot, engineer calls and asks if he can arrive earlier than PM no problem (As day of work anyway)

Great engineer,  moved my master socket to where I wanted it (Downstairs to upstairs). Installation took about 90 minutes

Speed these are 3 speedtests that I did before Infinity, Go Live day & today

Before infinity YES those figures are correct (Now you can see why I changed)

Slower than 94% of GB (used to take 90 minutes to download maps for satnav)

Go Live day (Engineer arrived early and I had infiity prior to the 1pm to 6pm slot)

This is about 10 minutes after I was installed (ping and upload a bit slow)

Today now faster than 96% of the GB

Takes about 5 minutes to download maps for Satnav

Reliability

In the past year (well almost a year) my Infinity was down for approx 10 minutes this was due to an external fault that affected my phone line for 24 hours but infinity was still running. it was while the engineer was repairing the external fault to the phone line that my infinity went down for the 10 minutes mentioned earlier

Modem  I have never turned the Openreach Modem off but will have to soon as electricity meter being replaced

HH3 couple a few resets over the year (less than 10)

location CT post code cabinet 23

See it is not all doom and gloom

Sholtie

Result extremely happy I went for Infinity

3 REPLIES 3
rorz112
Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: One year on (Almost)

Those are amazing speeds! Smiley Surprised 🙂 Might I ask what is your Line attenuation and how far are you from the cabinet?

0 Ratings
SHOLTIE
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Distance from cabinet approx 300 yards maybe slightly less. phoneline comes in via telegraph pole

0 Ratings
rorz112
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Thanks for that. That's approx similar to mine, except I'm getting 59 Mbps Smiley Indifferent What's the Line Attenuation you got? It's in Home Hub under Troubleshooting>Help Desk.

0 Ratings