cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
slt76
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Oneplus Phone support for BT TV app

Does anyone know how to get the app to work on the Oneplus 2 phone. I try to open the app and get error code TVE_S001. When looking into the code it seems the app thinks my phone is rooted. It's not. It is a genuine UK spec phone purchased directly from Oneplus. The Google play store is full of moans about this issue on genuine unrooted Oneplus phones. Come on BT your app's method of determining phones security settings is well behind the times. It worked on my old Galaxy and also on my wife's phone so is nothing to do with account settings for TV everywhere etc. A live chat with someone in India was absolutely no use at all so I'm hoping someone on here might know a bit more. Thanks

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Stevieag
Beginner
Message 2 of 10

Re: Oneplus Phone support for BT TV app

Same here on my NON ROOTED, STANDARD one plus one.

I'm not receiving what was sold being the ability to use my phone with bttv. Strangely no problem with watching premium sports channels.

Sky used to havd the same restrictions regarding their app in that they can't be rooted. But it is was well stated before you buy. Now custom ROMs are supported just video out doesn't work in the app (good comprise to get up to date with present tech sky)

If I had been asked before purchasing BT if my phone is rooted I would of could replied honestly NO AS IT IS NOT.

So what now, legit phone that BT thinks is rooted.... Over to BT!!

I Presume op2 is oxygen os, I'm cyanogen os.

Please help BT
0 Ratings
nsp02
Beginner
Message 3 of 10

op2 on oxygen is the same and i also have issues with bt sport app which wont work either, bt unable to resolve despite numerous calls......given up.......

0 Ratings
ricred
Beginner
Message 4 of 10

Come on BT we're in March when are we going to get a solution?
0 Ratings
Scottish-Exile
Beginner
Message 5 of 10

I have the same problem. I've recently switched to BT from SKY, where I could watch TV on my Laptop, Tablet and Phone.

BT promises the same, however:

Laptop - says my account is not set up yet (even though I can watch on my TV set)

Mobile - Get the TVE_A931 error message and unable to log in.

Phone (One PlusOne) - says it's incompatible even though it's the latest version Android.

Ironically, I get the BT Sport app on all 3 devices but I'm NOT a sports fan. I just want to be able to watch standard TV channels, and get the service I signed up for. (Total Entertainment).

Should have stuck with SKY !

0 Ratings
Scottish-Exile
Beginner
Message 6 of 10

Got a response from BT today. Answers about the phone, but no reference to why I can't get BT Anywhere on my Laptop or Tablet:

0 Ratings
alldar
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 10

Can you share the response about the app and oneplus phone?.......I have same problem on my oneplus2....non rooted phone showing error message ..BTSport works OK on the phone...again like other posts, I moved from Sky to BT, as this mobile app was supposedly part of the package...so doesn't do what it said...so unless fixed soon, will be leaving BT.

0 Ratings
MarkA
Beginner
Message 8 of 10

I guess there's still no response to this.

I'm using a oneplus 3 - all standard straight out of the box. TVE_S016 security error.

Come on BT. If the security level is good enough for android pay, whats the big deal of looking at TV listings. Serverly unimpressed.

I suppose that's the price I pay for not paying over inflated prices for phones by Samsung or Apple.

0 Ratings
voice_of_reason
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 10

Here we are in January 2017 and it still doesn't work on my new OnePlus 3T. I'm getting the TVE_S016 security error.

The all new BT TV app (available to *all* customers) is coming later in the year, so I guess we just have to wait for that and hope it fixes the problem. I can't imagine BT will address this issue now, I doubt they'll make any more updates to the current app before the new version is released.

Given that O2 are selling it on contract in the UK, BT can hardly ignore OnePlus devices now.

0 Ratings
voice_of_reason
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 10

I've just received the Android 7 Nougat/Oxygen OS 4.0.2 update on my OnePlus 3T, and the BT TV app now works!
0 Ratings