Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
twist3d0n3
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 24

Ongoing Connection Issues

Hi all.

I've been having a lot of back and forth with BT over the past few months as our connection has been flakey at best. I've had an engineer out to look, and apparently he changed some bits in the cab and was told this should resolve our issues. They also sent me a HH3 as we still had the 2.0, and still we get disconnections/percievably slow speed (due to the errors we're getting no doubt). 

As you can see from the line stats, it's not pretty. Any idea what needs to happen with this? I was told in my last conversation with the call centre that the noise margin has now been set to 6dB, but considering it's never at that (99% of the time i check it's lower, and considerably lower in the evenings when we get the majority of disconnections), I'm at a complete loss. Also they seem reluctant to send another engineer out.

Any ideas?

Cheers.

ADSL Line Status

Connection information
Line state:Connected
Connection time:0 day, 13:19:43
Downstream:10,727 Kbps
Upstream:864 Kbps

ADSL settings
VPI/VCI:0/38
Type:PPPoA
Modulation:G.992.5 Annex A
Latency type:Interleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up):4.6 dB / 6.1 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up):31.0 dB / 18.7 dB
Output power (Down/Up):0.0 dBm / 12.6 dBm
FEC Events (Down/Up):205861481 / 162100
CRC Events (Down/Up):311908 / 1985
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Link (Remote):0
HEC Errors (Down/Up):766171 / 6963
Error Seconds (Local/Remote):0 / 667

0 Ratings
23 REPLIES 23
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 24

Re: Ongoing Connection Issues

Are you connected to the test socket ?

Have you tried the quiet line test dial 17070 option 2 you should hear no noise any noise heard should be reported to BT Faults on 151 with no mention of broadband in the call also this link may help in reducing the errors http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-Speed-Connection-Issues/Poor-Broadband-speed/m-p/14217#M8397
0 Ratings
twist3d0n3
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 24

The quiet line test has been done a fair few times, but due to us only having wireless phones here (and haven't got a wired one available to borrow for it) there's always a bit of noise.

I've had it connected to the test socket for a few weeks, and no difference (we have the line straight into the box, no other lines off it). 

I'll check out that link, cheers.

As for reporting the a line fault, it puts me into a loop then kicks me off (as we're calling from the line in question) saying the line needs to be free to do the test... Reluctant to phone from mobile as I can imagine it'll cost a bomb!

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 24

there should be no noise only a slight hum on a cordless phone

try this live chat link to report your fault https://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact#h=eyJzdGVwMCI6ImNvbnRhY3RJdGVtTGluazU2MjciLCJzdGVwSWR4IjoxLCJzdG...
0 Ratings
twist3d0n3
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 24

many thanks for your help

0 Ratings
twist3d0n3
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 24

reported and have an engi coming tomorrow. really hpoe they finally sort this as it's been going on for months!

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 24

keep us posted on progress
0 Ratings
twist3d0n3
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 24

well, engi said (as did the previous one) that our line is decent quality, but on that thing that can tell you where breaks/joints are, he said there was something a few hundred meters away, which usually they wouldn't be concerned with. anyway, he said he'd check the cab but didn't think it was line related and directed me to list it as a broadband fault, and request a broadband engineer to come have a look.

since he went off to do his thing at the cab, it's dropping every 20 mins or so (so no different). back on the phone it is then....

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 24

Once the Forum Mods have read your post they will post an invite here once you reply to them they will take personal ownership of the problem until resolved.
Do not send them a Personal Message as this is the incorrect contact method and cannot be properly tracked also the mod contacted may not be on shift for sometime and this will delay your help

The forum mods normally reply within 3/5 working days after you have contacted them
They will contact you personally by email or phone  

mod contact.JPG

0 Ratings
StuartH
Message 10 of 24

Hi Twist3d0n3

Send us an email using the Contact the Mods link in my profile you will be able to see it in the section 'About Me'.

Thanks

Stuart

0 Ratings