cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shearing
Beginner
Message 1 of 34

Ongoing issues logging in to email

I have been unable to log in and check my btinternet email address for over 2 weeks now. 

I have tried through the mail service on my iPad and the web app but keep being informed either the account does not exist or is unavailable. 

I have followed the instructions when I log in via the web app to update my log in details which I have done but it does not seem to have helped as it is there every time I log in using my btinternet address. If I log in to my BT account I can see all of my account information but as soon as I click the email tab it says it is unavailable. 

btscreenshot.jpg

I have rang three times and spoke to someone at the India call centre who promises me each time that I will receive a call back on the problem but it never happens. The same thing happened when I used the instant chat window, even after explaining I had been promised call backs before that had not happened. This kind of customer service is not good enough for a product people rely on. 

I have important information in emails I need to access in my account and this is now a really serious problem for me. Please, can someone from the BT moderation team help me? I have seen (RobbieMac) or (

0 Ratings
33 REPLIES 33
RobbieMac
Message 2 of 34

Re: Ongoing issues logging in to email

Hi @Shearing

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community forum!

I'm sorry for the problems you've been having accessing your email and I appreciate the time you have taken to contact us about this.  You can send us over your details and we will give you a hand with this from here.

Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
mikeyc16
Beginner
Message 3 of 34

I've got the exact same problem & have had no joy in getting it resolved.

It's now almost a week, but still I can't log on to my BTMail account.

Any help would be appreciated 

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 4 of 34

@mikeyc16 Thanks for posting we'll be happy to help you get this sorted. Please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username .

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
lynnd1711
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 34

Hi,

I have the same issue, no email since Friday 10th June. I keep getting an 'incorrect password' error message when using Windows live mail. If I try to log onto the BT website my details aren't recognised. I used the live chat function on Sunday and was told there was a broad band problem and someone would call me on Monday (yesterday) and they didn't. Can anyone here escalate this please? I have a fault ref number which I have checked and it hasn't been updated since it was raised 2 days ago. This is urgent noe, I really need access to my email.

Many thanks

Lynn

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 6 of 34

@lynnd1711 I'm really sorry about the problems you're having accessing your email, have you followed the password reset process by clicking on forgotten password to see if this helps?

0 Ratings
lynnd1711
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 34

Hi Neil,

The live chat operator was going to reset my password for me, but then realised there was a problem with my broadband. He then raised the fault with BT, but I have had no progress made so far, and did not receive the promised phone call. According to the fault tracker the error is with the BT retail server, not my password. I don't know who to contact to chase this as nothing has happened since the fault was raised. When I try to log in to My BT it says my details aren't recognised, it's as if my details have disappeared completely.

Thanks

Lynn

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 8 of 34

@lynnd1711 Please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details and we'll chase this up for you. You can find the link by clicking on my username .

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
lynnd1711
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 34

Hi Neil,

This issue is now resolved. I reset my 'My BT' password and my email started working again, on the webmail and on my phone! Not sure why or how, but it is working, for the moment anyway.

Many thanks

Lynn

0 Ratings
mikeyc16
Beginner
Message 10 of 34

This is still not resolved, I have done the 'contact the mods' as requested & still not heard anything.

I receive emails on my phone, ipad & Windows Mail, but not my BT Mail.

I have also done as requested by the 'email help', but & reset the password, twice in the end, as they had difficulty understanding the problem, I assume it wasn't scripted on their computer search.

This is forst time I have had a problem with my account, but it seems that making contact with BT is a really difficult & find this process seriously frustrating. 

0 Ratings