cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Golden_Sands
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Online Orders: BT Sport on Sky- "12 month minimum term"; BT Sport on BT TV- "18 month minimum term"

I joined BT last week from Plusnet and added BT TV- all on a 12 month contract. As I have BT Sport on Sky via Plusnet until the end of this month, I decided to take a little time in deciding whether to take BT Sport via the BT TV box or my Sky box, so have yet to order it.

Various online pages refer to a 12 month minimum term/recontracting for BT Sport. However, when you pursue this, as an existing customer, "on BT TV", the order/checkout pages indicate that broadband and tv is being recontracted for 18 months.

If, on the other hand, you attempt to order/checkout via the "on Sky TV" option the order/checkout pages indicate that broadband and tv is being recontracted for 12 months.

On the face of it, given the references to "12 months" elsewhere on the website, this appears to be an error on the order/checkout screens, perhaps emanating from previous terms & conditions? 

Is it possible that somebody from BT could pick this point up and whatever the terms are, ensure that the website/ordering system is being consistent about them? 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
NeilO
Message 2 of 4

Re: Online Orders: BT Sport on Sky- "12 month minimum term"; BT Sport on BT TV- "18 m

@Golden_Sands Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting, I'll get this looked into and will post back with a response as soon as I know more. 

Golden_Sands
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Re: Online Orders: BT Sport on Sky- "12 month minimum term"; BT Sport on BT TV- "18 m

Thanks @NeilO . Just to add that the "Already have BT Broadband? Watch BT Sport on Sky" price at https://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/get-bt-sport-on-sky/ is displaying the standard ongoing prices for "BT Sport on Sky only" (e.g. then £27.99/mth from month 4 £15 activation).

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 4 of 4

Hi @Golden_Sands Thanks for highlighting this error also. It has already been highlighted Here and this will be corrected next Friday.

Many Thanks

John

0 Ratings