Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Online Review

Hi

I decided to join BT after really bad experience with Virgin Media and now I' awaiting for my installation day which is very soon (excited). I started to check the reviews what people think about BT ( I know wrong way of doing things) and after reading the reviews I'm unsure about BT now. I think this is the one of the worst reviews I've seen

"""I used to work for them, and would never take a service with them.

Urgh, this company only thinks about the needs of the business not their customers or their employees. We were told to sell Bt vision knowing that the boxes had a problem, and after when customers call in complaining their box isn't working techical help would refuse to do anything as there is a known fault. Other departments would refuse to help or take a call, even though you aren't trained and just don't have the system available to deal with the situation. Other departments, would not go into customers account (so you couldn't report them to their manager) and hang up on you, even though it could take 2-12 mins to get through and you have a customer on the other line waiting. Customers getting lied to, equipment was meant to arrive or an engineer booked and it hasn't, and you can't magically make it happen as royal mail can take a few days and openreach could take weeks. Pstn (line) repair team and thd lying by saying it's not their department and hanging up or they transfer you to another department. It once took me an hour and 20 mins and going through to 3 departments and at least 10 advisors (who I'd spend at least 5 mins explaining the situation to as they just don't understand!) basically openreach installed a line and the engineer left wires sticking out and the customer had a very small child, so obviously a danger and the install hadn't been done correctly. I can't book an engineer for repair, only pstn repair can, and several advisors refused to help. I was determined to get this sorted. It's all about targets (which most people don't meet) sales, sales, cht (call handling time) wrap (time between calls) basically take as many calls as possible, tell customers everything so they don't call back in and cost the business (£7 million a year). Bt love to boast that they are amazing, better than everyone-which is why they are so expensive £28 for unlimited non fibre broadband, which doesn't include line rental or calls during the day or line rental. Managers who don't take calls, office politics, bt are a joke! I'm with plusnet as they have uk based call centres for everything and cheaper than bt. Greedy, incompetent, useless, don't blame the advisors (they've been lied to and hate how it is as well!!) they are so cheap they wouldn't supply staff with plastic cups (to save loadsa money!)"""""

You can see the original review here

http://www.trustpilot.co.uk/users/3420006

I would love to hear what BT got to say about this

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 9

Re: Online Review

Well as a user to user forum I hardly think you are going to hear anything.
I for one am a very happy customer.
Seems inaccurate as Unlimited BB is £16

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 9

If you believe all that, you'll believe anything. There are some grains of truth in it but there are also some obvious inaccuracies. Like its rivals BT actually provides a decent service, though all of them can be pretty hopeless when things go wrong.

If I wanted to, with a bit of creative licence and the luxury of anonymity I could write a review like that about any of my former employers.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 4 of 9

@pottyperson wrote:

If you believe all that, you'll believe anything. There are some grains of truth in it but there are also some obvious inaccuracies. Like its rivals BT actually provides a decent service, though all of them can be pretty hopeless when things go wrong.

If I wanted to, with a bit of creative licence and the luxury of anonymity I could write a review like that about any of my former employers.

This but it's how the ISP deals with it, and the way BT deals with it isn't good at all.

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 9

@pottyperson wrote:

I don't want to be regretting that I've joined BT.  I know that Virgin media are complete **bleep** and most of their advisors are incompetent  (my own experience). I can't say a bad word about Sky as they have been really good. I found a lot bad reviews about BT but luckily there are good reviews too. So I hope you're right.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 9

I`m happy with BT. Been with them for a number of years and everything is A.O.K. Option 3.

Anytime I`ve had reason to contact the UK based team, they have sorted out my problem very quickly Smiley Happy

. . . it must be remembered that the sea is a great breeder of friendship. Two men who have known each other for twenty years find that twenty days at sea bring them nearer than ever they were before, or else estrange them.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 9

I've been with BT and BTVision for years and very happy. Any problems sorted out via this forum and its predecessor.

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 9

@andypol wrote:
I don't want to be regretting that I've joined BT.  I know that Virgin media are complete **bleep** and most of their advisors are incompetent  (my own experience). I can't say a bad word about Sky as they have been really good. I found a lot bad reviews about BT but luckily there are good reviews too. So I hope you're right.

Thats nice to know, but pop over here and there are plenty of people who have a grievance against SKY, and there ain't much help from their community co-ordinators. Smiley Very Happy About as much use as two planks of thick wood.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 9 of 9

Well I never had a problem with Sky thats all. Currently I had ma BT Infinity installed and so far I'm loving it 😉
0 Ratings