cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Onlive phone number/postcode block

Hi i am a new BT Broadband customer just wondering how long it takes for a phone number/postcode to be activated so I can use onlive (3 month trial/free usage).  Also if i go direct to onlive.co.uk will my bandwidth usage be free or would it take up some of the 10gb usage(broadband option 1)

Thanks

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 7

Re: Onlive phone number/postcode block

Hi dayre36 and welcome

You should of been given an activation date and the actual activation can be up to midnight of that day, sometimes it can take longer.

Plug the hub in and if the broadband light is blue, you're connected.

Onlive, during the trial won't count towards your usage, though after this you may find that you use your 10Gb allowance in as little as 3 hours - be careful!

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Thanks for the quick reply. my broadband is activated using the BT broadband now for this forum. The onlive registration at www.bt.com/onlive isn't letting me use my phone number and postcode saying 'details not correct' which isn't the case. Also cant play direct at onlive as I won't get free usage allowance (needs to BT registered).

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 7

Assuming you're using the full phone number (inc STD), then you may need to wait a little longer for BT to update their systems.

When did the BB go live?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Three days ago was activated and up and running. Got BT landline broadband to play onlive as upto now was using mobile broadband which has bad latency not suitable for onlive.  I'll give it few more days to see if they activate number for onlive thanks for responding and your help.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 7

While you're waiting, contact the mods on the following link - http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951

Should it still not allow you to sign up, you'll already be in the queue for the mods as it can take up to 72 hours for them to pick up your email.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Thanks one thing I have just found out is if haven't registered with BT/Onlive the usage allowance is still free.  Played for an hour yesterday and used 2gb just checked BT's broadband usage monitor (MyBT) showing 0.2 gig used (23.59 11 Oct 2011) which was internet surfing only.  

0 Ratings