cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
david1991
Beginner
Message 1 of 28

Only 100K/s dl speed should get 7mb/s MINIMUM please help me!

Hi I don't know where to start so uhm.

Since Wednesday night I have been getting only 100 kb/s download speed for reasons unknown, before Wednesday night I was only ever getting 500 kb/s, since then i've learnt alot on how to see my actualy speed which should be over 1.2 mb/s.

I seem to have a problem with my Master Socket if I knock the ADSL Filter my phone line cuts dead and internet goes of and I have to reposition it untill it comes back on.

I have connected to the test socket and it's the same speed as below right now it said my Ip Profile is at 1000 kbps and i'm only downloading at a mere 100 kbps I cannot watch youtube videos because the download cant keep up with the video it's just really slow and it shouldnt be because it says I have a 9120 Kbps Downstream

This is the BT speed test as it shows it says I have a 1000 Kbps IP Profile yet my DSL connection is 9120 KBPS

Download speedachieved during the test was - 739 Kbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 400-1000 Kbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :9120 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 732 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 1000 Kbps
The throughput of Best Efforts (BE) classes achieved during the test is - 2.95:11.11:85.96 (SBE:NBE:PBE)

Connection information
Line state   Connected
Connection time   0 days, 0:14:45
Downstream   8,618 Kbps
Upstream   732 Kbps

ADSL settings
VPI/VCI   0/38
Type   PPPoA
Modulation   ITU-T G.992.5
Latency type   Interleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up)   2.1 dB / 4.9 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up)   45.0 dB / 26.2 dB
Output power (Down/Up)   20.6 dBm / 12.4 dBm
Loss of Framing (Local)   26
Loss of Signal (Local)   28
Loss of Power (Local)   0
FEC Errors (Down/Up)   407927 / 0
CRC Errors (Down/Up)   2 / 2147480000
HEC Errors (Down/Up)   nil / 26185
Error Seconds (Local)   6513

Help required pleasee!!

0 Ratings
27 REPLIES 27
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 28

Re: Only 100Kbps dl speed should get 7mbps please help me!

is you phone and broadband ok when you have filter in the test socket or does it still go off if you knock it?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
david1991
Beginner
Message 3 of 28

Yes it ok if I knock it so that must be a fault however even on the test socket I only get 100 kb/s download speed when I should be getting 9120 kbps

It's like i'm locked at 100 kb/s

Furthermore my IP profile  that I have oonly 1000 kbps and my actual one is 9200 kbps

It's locked at 1000 kbps

And my IP Profile should be well higher than that please help

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 28

you will not get your connection correct until you get the master socket fixed.  sounds like you have a bad connection at the back of the master socket but that is the property of BT.

you must be getting noise on the line as well as losing phone connection so I would phone 151 and report a phone fault NOT a broadband fault.  Once that is fixed your broadband will com back to normal.

just make sure that master socket problem is not your fault  - been knocked damaged by someone in your home otherwise you may get charged for fixing it

your profile iss so low at 1000 because of all the disconnection as a result of your faulty master socket

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
david1991
Beginner
Message 5 of 28

But you dont understand I always had over 500 kb/s but now for no reason at all I havent knocked it in ages it's gone down to 100 kb/s

I not disconnected either my router keeps going orange for broadband but thats just re syncing

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 28

well connection time shows only 14mins so there has been a reset.  if you can just knock the filter and you lose connection then you need that fixed.  disconnections will drop your profile even though your speed is 8/9mb.  your profile has dropped to 1000 because of disconnections.

if you can stay connected 24/7 for 3/5 days then your profile will come back up to 7000/8000 but a few disconnection because of your dodgy socket and you will be back to where you are now

0 Ratings
david1991
Beginner
Message 7 of 28

The part that I dont understand is that the speed test says 800kbps!!!!!!

The Ip Profile is 1000 kbps

But i'm only downloading at 100 kb/s!

*Edit* thats right 100 kilobytes is  800 kilobits i'm new to this learning

0 Ratings
david1991
Beginner
Message 8 of 28

@imjolly wrote:

you will not get your connection correct until you get the master socket fixed.  sounds like you have a bad connection at the back of the master socket but that is the property of BT.

you must be getting noise on the line as well as losing phone connection so I would phone 151 and report a phone fault NOT a broadband fault.  Once that is fixed your broadband will com back to normal.

just make sure that master socket problem is not your fault  - been knocked damaged by someone in your home otherwise you may get charged for fixing it

your profile iss so low at 1000 because of all the disconnection as a result of your faulty master socket

I have had Internet with BT for years and have only ever got 500 kb/s at most!

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 28

@david1991 wrote:

The part that I dont understand is that the speed test says 800kbps!!!!!!

The Ip Profile is 1000 kbps

But i'm only downloading at 100 kbps!

you are confusing bits and bytes - there are 8 bits to a byte

so it is 800 kbits and download is 100 Kbytes - 800 divided by 8

hope that helps

0 Ratings
david1991
Beginner
Message 10 of 28

I just phone and they say it fault inside the house but it at the back of the master socket, £130 charge! I think I change provider this is a complete joke

0 Ratings