cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 13

Only House in Street/Area not to get Infinity? I am BT Customer!

Go to solution

Please can someone help me, I have checked my whole street, every house can get Infinity, apart from my house number. The ajoining road, the houses there can get Infinity, all 100mbps. I am sure this is a mistake, my exchange is enabled and I cannot for the life of me understand why they would not enable my house, I subscribed to BT to get infinity when it was supposed to be in my area. they estimated June 2011. I have been waiting since then, and have now only realised everyone else can get it apart from me! I have called up and asked if they could do a manual order, which they said they could not and the only thing I can do is to keep checking. Please help me, I am stuck as to what to do now. If  anyone has any suggestions or a MOD could help me, I would be very grateful. If a MOD needs my postcode, telephone number to check, message me and I will send them over.

Thanks in advance

Dan (Desperate Dan! LOL)

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Contributor
Message 2 of 13

Re: Only House in Street/Area not to get Infinity? I am BT Customer!

Go to solution
What's your postcode Dan?
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

Thanks very much - I have messaged you my details.

Kind Regards

Dan

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution
If that's the case contact the mods on here and they'll be able to find out if it's just a data error. It most likely is. There is a small chance though that you are served from a different cabinet. A very small chance though if every single other house is able to get it 😉
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

Hi All - mirceaxj has kindly confirmed that my cabinet is number 54 and linked to the same as everyone else on the street and is enabled for the 100mbps infinity. I have called BT up, who are now telling me they still cannot proceed with the order as they claim that the small section that my house is connected to in that cabinet has not yet been updated (the rest was updated in June 2011) and they have no idea of when they may update this section in the future. All I can do is wait.

I really get the feeling that they are just fobbing me off, and im really getting quite fed up that I still cannot get the infinity yet my whole street and neighboring streets can. Why would they leave one small section out and not update it for 9 months?

They will not place  a manual order to update my BT Broadband to Infinity.

Can anyone else maybe give me any more advice on what I can do and if this information is correct or are they just guessing?

(Very) Desperate Dan 🙂

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

load of rubbish. If the cab has infinity enabled you can get it. It's simply a case of running a wire from one side of the cab to another. the cab is either enabled or not.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

Hey,

Well thats what I thought, so basically I am going to be waiting forever if they dont update their checker! Any suggestions on what to do? I have called BT several times now to try and order, they still wont help me?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution
As I mentioned in my earlier post. Contact the moderators.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

@Wormvortex wrote:

load of rubbish. If the cab has infinity enabled you can get it. It's simply a case of running a wire from one side of the cab to another. the cab is either enabled or not.

His postcode is a candidate for FTTP - 100Mbps so it's likely more complicated than the usual FTTC deployment....hence the delays lack of information from BT Retail about this...Openreach will know so the way to do it is for the mods to dig from their end to see if they can shed any light on this

Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

Could anyone point me in the right direction of one of the MOD's to get them to help me please. I am fairly new on here. It would be much appriciated.

Thanks very much! 🙂

0 Ratings