Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 11 of 21

Re: Only a matter of time

I don't see the closure of the film/box sets as having any direct bearing on when the BT Vision box service closes. If you consider how long the old style  (mainly silver box) BT Vision service took to be finally ceased it was long time after it had become a legacy system.

0 Ratings
StewM
Distinguished Guru
Message 12 of 21

Perhaps not a direct bearing but the offerings on BT Vision+ Box is getting left behind the offerings on the BT Youview Box and the removal of films/box sets only makes the gap wider.

Stew
0 Ratings
jam2000
Recognised Expert
Message 13 of 21

The Youview box is so much better than the BT Vision box and a massive improvement too.

I wonder when they will offer Sky Sports 5 on Youview.

0 Ratings
StewM
Distinguished Guru
Message 14 of 21

I doubt that they ever will. BT are now advertising the price difference of SKY Sports 1 & 2 on BT Vision versus the cost of SKY Sports 1 & 2 on Sky. No mention of Sky Sports 5.

Stew
0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 15 of 21

Give it another 16 months and we will see if the old Vision service closes. For I cant see BT wanting to keep both services going and they will end up closing the Vision service.

BT do need to make more minor improvments to there Youview servive but apart from that im 98%/99% happy with the BT TV servive and Youview and the price a month is good for there TV service.

I dont have Sky Sports,Sky Movies or the kids bolt on.

Only thing that seems a little dearer than some of the others companies is the BT line rental.

Darren

0 Ratings
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 16 of 21

@StewM wrote:
I doubt that they ever will. BT are now advertising the price difference of SKY Sports 1 & 2 on BT Vision versus the cost of SKY Sports 1 & 2 on Sky. No mention of Sky Sports 5.

Stew

Sky Sports 5 may well be redundant at the end of the season anyway. It was really only set up for the Champions League footie, a reaction to BT winning the rights next season perhaps? Smiley Wink BT are starting to migrate Vision users over to Youview with good deals for those renewing contracts. The Vision box has pretty much run it's course.

0 Ratings
donna1501
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 21

well i havent received a letter notifying me of the changes.  I only found out tonight when i logged in to check if a box set had been updated with the new series yet,.  must say i am pretty fed up at the moment!  Films have been awful for a while so i guess something was going on,

So Shoudl I be assuming BT will be senind me a youview box and ensuring anything i am currently paying for is cancelled off and setting me up a netflix account which i have been avoiding for a long time?.... probably not!

So a service i have been happy with for a long time is becoming poor with no obvious improvement unless i change service / buy new kit / spend money on a streaming service.  such a shame as I though the boxset / film service was a great setup.  

0 Ratings
pwwhitehead
Aspiring Expert
Message 18 of 21

If you subscribe to the Film/TV bolt on's they will at the end of June. The billing for these will also stop, with any overpayments credited to your account. If you upgrade to YouView its your choice if you add on Netflix. I have this and the content far exceeds the Film/ TV bolt on's.
0 Ratings
jithesh_ak1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 21

I'm in pretty similar boat.

Have been with BT Vision + since Dec 2009 and have been fixed at £12 for unlimited content.  Have to say the content is absolute **bleep**.  I only used to watch occasional movie or TV series.  The only section used was Kids.  

Lately I have noticed that it is just not fit for the purpose.  

Is you view any good for Kids - is the contents pretty much same or is everything pay as you go on top of the monthly subscirption

0 Ratings
jam2000
Recognised Expert
Message 20 of 21

You can still get all the kids stuff for £3 a month

0 Ratings