cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GordonC
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 5

Only recording 1 programme

Has something changed with the latest version of You View that restricts to only 1 recording? For 2 nights this week including tonight I've tried to set a recording for 9pm but it doesn't let me and doesn't give a message why. Tonight I found 1 additional recording at 9.30 so I cancelled it and the 9pm recording was allowed. When I tried to reinstate the 9.30 the same happened where it wouldn't set and no message why.  Could it be the overrun rule for earlier recordings?

Any ideas, I've not seen this behaviour before? 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
patelc7
Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: Only recording 1 programme

Non changes in the last release that would cause this.
Are these Is channels?
0 Ratings
GordonC
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 5

BBC and ITV

0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 5

@GordonC

first thing to try is a soft reset and if that doesn't clear it  a power reset (the first two steps )as described in this post

https://community.youview.com/youview/discussion/6251537/top-tip-soft-reset-reboot-power-cycling-mai...

If you still have the same problem I suggest  seeing if you can record the current programme you are watching on say BBC 1 SD  ch 1 , then change to a different channel (i suggest on a different mux  so ITV SD) ie ch 3  and set that new current should confirm that both tuners are working for recording.

0 Ratings
GordonC
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 5

Thanks for the advice.  I reset the box last night but I've soft reset the box again and so far I'm recording 2 channels. I've also tested by recording 1 channel and viewing another successfully so both tuners are working at the mo. I'll check again later to see if it's still ok.

0 Ratings